Printing problem : port DOT4_001

Hi all,

I'm having the following problem with my printer: the first time I start it,
I can print and fax without a problem. If I switch the printer off, for any
reason, then switch it on again, I can't print anymore or fax, or whatever.

As the troubleshooter said, I went to see which port is used for my printer
and I found it installed on the port DOT4_001. Is this normal? Could this be
the source of the problem?

TY
2 answers Last reply
More about printing problem port dot4_001

    If the printer is connected thru a USB port then using the DOT port
    is incorrect. Reinstall it using manufactureers instructions. Do not
    connect the printer to the PC untill unstructed to do so.
    Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the
    rest of your life.

    "duxxyy" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm having the following problem with my printer: the first time I start it,
    > I can print and fax without a problem. If I switch the printer off, for any
    > reason, then switch it on again, I can't print anymore or fax, or whatever.
    >
    > As the troubleshooter said, I went to see which port is used for my printer
    > and I found it installed on the port DOT4_001. Is this normal? Could this be
    > the source of the problem?
    >

    > TY

    not necessarily. DOT4 is supported over USB for many of the HP
    multifunction devices

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > If the printer is connected thru a USB port then using the DOT port
    > is incorrect. Reinstall it using manufactureers instructions. Do not
    > connect the printer to the PC untill unstructed to do so.
    > Uninstall & reinstall Printer
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
    > --
    > XP-WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    >

    > "duxxyy" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > I'm having the following problem with my printer: the first time I start
    it,
    > > I can print and fax without a problem. If I switch the printer off, for
    any
    > > reason, then switch it on again, I can't print anymore or fax, or
    whatever.

    > > As the troubleshooter said, I went to see which port is used for my
    printer
    > > and I found it installed on the port DOT4_001. Is this normal? Could
    this be
    > > the source of the problem?
    > >

    > > TY

Fax Printers Windows XP