bernard

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

I have recently upgraded to XP and am unable to install any printers. With
all attempted installs, for various types and makes of printers, I get the
message:

16 bit windows subsystem:
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose ‘Close; to terminate the
application.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Byte

Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

[C:windows\system32\autoexec.nt Fix] - Technology Discussion Forums
http://www.tech-forums.net/computer/topic/29806.html
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Bernard" wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to XP and am unable to install any printers. With
> all attempted installs, for various types and makes of printers, I get the
> message:
>
> 16 bit windows subsystem:
> C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running
> MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose ‘Close; to terminate the
> application.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

bernard

Distinguished