how to stop unwanted banner/separator/job trailer page

With my new XP media center edition pc, every time I print to a epson printer
that is networked off my smc router, after the page prints I get an extra
(job trailer) page printed. How do I stop this wasted page from printing?

I do not have printer->properties->advanced->separator page ... set to
anything. I have not had this problem when printing to this printer with an
XP home, XP pro, or win 98. Only the XP media center pc prints the extra
page with every print job.

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about stop unwanted banner separator trailer page

    Check your printer properties and the page setting for top and
    bottom margins and paper size. One extra line will create an
    additional sheet.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "KillingTrees" wrote:

    > With my new XP media center edition pc, every time I print to a epson printer
    > that is networked off my smc router, after the page prints I get an extra
    > (job trailer) page printed. How do I stop this wasted page from printing?
    >
    > I do not have printer->properties->advanced->separator page ... set to
    > anything. I have not had this problem when printing to this printer with an
    > XP home, XP pro, or win 98. Only the XP media center pc prints the extra
    > page with every print job.
    >
    > Thanks.

    The extra page is a "job trailer" page that has the user name, printed in
    banner format. I don't believe this is caused by margin settings, but I'll
    try it when I get home tonight.

    "Byte" wrote:

    > Check your printer properties and the page setting for top and
    > bottom margins and paper size. One extra line will create an
    > additional sheet.
    > --
    > XP-WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    >

    > "KillingTrees" wrote:
    >
    > > With my new XP media center edition pc, every time I print to a epson printer
    > > that is networked off my smc router, after the page prints I get an extra
    > > (job trailer) page printed. How do I stop this wasted page from printing?
    > >
    > > I do not have printer->properties->advanced->separator page ... set to
    > > anything. I have not had this problem when printing to this printer with an
    > > XP home, XP pro, or win 98. Only the XP media center pc prints the extra
    > > page with every print job.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    I use a wireless network to print from my tablet pc and find that I have to
    adjust printer settings from the tablet pc to affect the networked printer.
    Looks like you have to adjust printer settings from the Media Center PC
    because it is adding a separator page.

    "KillingTrees" wrote:

    > The extra page is a "job trailer" page that has the user name, printed in
    > banner format. I don't believe this is caused by margin settings, but I'll
    > try it when I get home tonight.
    >
    > "Byte" wrote:
    >
    > > Check your printer properties and the page setting for top and
    > > bottom margins and paper size. One extra line will create an
    > > additional sheet.
    > > --
    > > XP-WNP
    > > Today is the first day of the
    > > rest of your life.
    > >

    > > "KillingTrees" wrote:
    > >
    > > > With my new XP media center edition pc, every time I print to a epson printer
    > > > that is networked off my smc router, after the page prints I get an extra
    > > > (job trailer) page printed. How do I stop this wasted page from printing?
    > > >
    > > > I do not have printer->properties->advanced->separator page ... set to
    > > > anything. I have not had this problem when printing to this printer with an
    > > > XP home, XP pro, or win 98. Only the XP media center pc prints the extra
    > > > page with every print job.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks.

    I can't find any printer setting on the Media Center PC that removes this
    banner page.

    "jerryrock" wrote:

    > I use a wireless network to print from my tablet pc and find that I have to
    > adjust printer settings from the tablet pc to affect the networked printer.
    > Looks like you have to adjust printer settings from the Media Center PC
    > because it is adding a separator page.
    >
    > "KillingTrees" wrote:
    >
    > > The extra page is a "job trailer" page that has the user name, printed in
    > > banner format. I don't believe this is caused by margin settings, but I'll
    > > try it when I get home tonight.
    > >
    > > "Byte" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Check your printer properties and the page setting for top and
    > > > bottom margins and paper size. One extra line will create an
    > > > additional sheet.
    > > > --
    > > > XP-WNP
    > > > Today is the first day of the