GeForce2MX 400 64MB (Need lists of the settings)

Semi

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
I suppose its really old talking about GeForce2MX 400 64MB again.. but I hope someone who has experience with GeForce Tweak Utility can tell me which setting are best for this Videocard... (Please dont tell me to get a new videocard cuz I dont have any money)
All I need is a list of things that needs to be checked and set on the GeForce2MX 400 64MB :)

Here's a info of my system, and please tell me which drivers are the best ones that I should install :)

CPU: AMD Duron 1Ghz
RAM: 512MB PC133 SDRam (Forced to run at PC100 at the moment since Duron wont run at PC133)
VideoCard: AOpen GeForce2MX 400 64MB (Currently overclocked to Core:235 Ram:380
HD: Seagate 30GB/60GB
CD-ROM: Pioneer 16X DVD-Rom

It would be great if any of you can share your expert experience with me on this thing :D
Thank You :D

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Not answering your question, but have you played around with different NVidia drivers? I've got the same card on an older system and performance would jump up and down a bit depending on which detonator drivers I had loaded. I got lazy though and have mine left on one that's a bit slower at the moment :frown:

Assuming you have, which did you find worked the best? I'm still trying to find that out myself.

Semi

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
Oh, and please tell me if there is any other way to overclock it further more without using programs or drivers =P

Like... somekind of AGP overclock trick or voltage trick on the card or motherboard itself =P

svol

Champion
Which motherboard and chipset are you using?

All other setting look OK as far as I can see. But I recommend you to switch to the 40.72 or 41.09 drivers... although I'm not sure if that tweak utility works there.

And yes there is another way: making your own video BIOS and load that in the video ROM... don't recommend you to do that though.

My CPU runs so hot the arctic silver undergoes nuclear fusion :eek: .

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Nope, as fars as I know, its only program OC-able, there may be a bios flash, but that can be dangerous.

I used to have one of those, and it can be a good card, but they do show their age. Id start putting a few bucks away here and there, about 80 bucks can get you a used Geforce 4 on ebay, or 60 or so a Radeon 8500.

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS