only printing one copy-help please

So we got a new computer, but the old one is still hooked directly to the
printer. The new one is hooked to a wireless router which then goes into the
old computer which then prints the document. However, Word only allows me to
print 1 copy at a time. This is very aggrivating when i need to print out
several copies of a flyer or something. Does anyone know how i can print
multiple copies?
3 answers Last reply
More about only printing copy help please

    What happens if you try to change the number of copies? Does this happen
    with all other applications as well or is it Word specific. If it's Word
    specific, you need to ask in the newsgroups for Word.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > So we got a new computer, but the old one is still hooked directly to the
    > printer. The new one is hooked to a wireless router which then goes into
    > the
    > old computer which then prints the document. However, Word only allows me
    > print 1 copy at a time. This is very aggrivating when i need to print out
    > several copies of a flyer or something. Does anyone know how i can print
    > multiple copies?

    Actually...I have the same problem.

    I have two computers (A & B) and a printer attached to each PC (Printer A
    and Printer B).

    PC A is Dell desktop and it's printer is Lexmark

    PC B is Compaq and it's printer is Compaq

    They are all connected through our in-home network. Everything works fine.
    PC A will print on either Printer A or B and the same can be said for PC B.

    However, if I'm on PC A and want to print on Printer B, no matter how many
    copies I tell it to print, it will only print one copy.

    Any ideas?

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > What happens if you try to change the number of copies? Does this happen
    > with all other applications as well or is it Word specific. If it's Word
    > specific, you need to ask in the newsgroups for Word.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > So we got a new computer, but the old one is still hooked directly to the
    > > printer. The new one is hooked to a wireless router which then goes into
    > > the
    > > old computer which then prints the document. However, Word only allows me
    > > print 1 copy at a time. This is very aggrivating when i need to print out
    > > several copies of a flyer or something. Does anyone know how i can print
    > > multiple copies?

    Look at the HP website for updated drivers for Printer B.... uninstall it
    from both PCs, then install it again on PC B and then use the Add Printer
    Wizard to 'drag the drivers across' to Printer A.

    As in:

    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20five.htm
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "SRS" <SRS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Actually...I have the same problem.
    >
    > I have two computers (A & B) and a printer attached to each PC (Printer A
    > and Printer B).
    >
    > PC A is Dell desktop and it's printer is Lexmark
    >
    > PC B is Compaq and it's printer is Compaq
    >
    > They are all connected through our in-home network. Everything works
    > fine.
    > PC A will print on either Printer A or B and the same can be said for PC
    > B.
    >
    > However, if I'm on PC A and want to print on Printer B, no matter how many
    > copies I tell it to print, it will only print one copy.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> What happens if you try to change the number of copies? Does this happen
    >> with all other applications as well or is it Word specific. If it's Word
    >> specific, you need to ask in the newsgroups for Word.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > So we got a new computer, but the old one is still hooked directly to
    >> > the
    >> > printer. The new one is hooked to a wireless router which then goes
    >> > into
    >> > the
    >> > old computer which then prints the document. However, Word only allows
    >> > me
    >> > print 1 copy at a time. This is very aggrivating when i need to print
    >> > out
    >> > several copies of a flyer or something. Does anyone know how i can
    >> > print
    >> > multiple copies?

Wireless Router Computers Windows XP