Sign in with
Your question

Why is bad company 2 maxing out my pc

Last response: in Video Games
October 17, 2012 4:15:00 AM

okay so i been having problems with bad company 2 . my computer should be able to run it easily here are my specs:
my gpu:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ZGIUK/ref=oh_deta...

my cpu:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SRQ214/ref=oh_deta...
ram=8 gbs

psu:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R04K9S/ref=oh_deta...

please help me my game shouldnt be maxing out my cpu cores to 100%'

the game is bad company 2

i currently play tf2 on maxed out settings

please help me whats going on?

More about : bad company maxing

October 17, 2012 7:29:45 AM

Your computer really isn't that great. TF2 on max settings? Big woop....

Also why did you say what your psu was? Might as tell us what the case is while you're at it.

You should be able to play the game pretty well but not max it out at 1080p with 60fps.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 7:42:03 AM

Check what's using up the CPU. It shouldn't be at 100%.
m
l
Related resources
October 17, 2012 7:54:13 AM

i did and sorry that shadow sniper your in a bad mood i am just trying to fix what goign on its only the game ? i play it through origin
m
l
October 17, 2012 7:55:01 AM

shad0w snip3r said:
Your computer really isn't that great. TF2 on max settings? Big woop....

Also why did you say what your psu was? Might as tell us what the case is while you're at it.

You should be able to play the game pretty well but not max it out at 1080p with 60fps.

why you so negitive>?
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 8:00:21 AM

"you did"? So what are the results?
m
l
October 17, 2012 8:54:42 AM

okay its just bad company 2 i opened task manager and look at it and bad company 2 uses from 79-94 of the processor and the % used does drop below 85 in each core is it fine to play when one of the cores hit 91?
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 9:08:09 AM

Check CPU temperatures. Use HWMonitor. Download it from http://cpuid.com.
m
l
October 17, 2012 7:25:12 PM

130f is what the cores go up to when playing
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 8:46:57 PM

Hi :) 

You NEED a better graphics card....yours is low end...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 97 à CPUs
October 17, 2012 9:52:36 PM

Bad Company 2 is a very CPU demanding game. It is the only game that actually causes a CPU bottleneck on my system with an i5 760 paired with an overclocked Radeon HD 7870. A new GPU may not benefit you too much without overclocking your Phenom II. Changing from my old 6870 to my new 7870, I saw no overall performance increase in the game with my system. When things get really busy on screen my framerate will still drop into the 40s or high 30s because of the CPU bottleneck.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 10:30:34 PM

@Brett What are you on about? That's not low end. The 6450 is low-end.

@OP TF2 only uses one core, AFAIK.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 10:37:42 PM

MajinCry said:

I sell those cards in my shops at £110...that's low end...

m
l
a c 97 à CPUs
October 17, 2012 10:38:51 PM

MajinCry said:

I think Brett considers any GPU that sells for under $400 US to be low end. Top single GPUs are midrange for him, and high end is exclusively populated by dual GPU cards and multi-GPU setups. He does run a computer store, as he has repeatedly stated, so it's in his interests to write off everything except the top of the line stuff as low end crap.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 17, 2012 11:42:14 PM

Supernova1138 said:
I think Brett considers any GPU that sells for under $400 US to be low end. Top single GPUs are midrange for him, and high end is exclusively populated by dual GPU cards and multi-GPU setups. He does run a computer store, as he has repeatedly stated, so it's in his interests to write off everything except the top of the line stuff as low end crap.

Let me ask you this....

In my shops I sell all graphics cards....

I sell his for £110

I sell some at £500

I sell some at £1000

Which would YOU say is low end ?

I am not saying its a bad card, but its definitely low end....

m
l
a c 97 à CPUs
October 18, 2012 1:45:10 AM

At this point looking solely at pricing isn't necessarily the best way to determine what is low end as far as GPUs go. Since games have to be designed to run on the XBox 360 in order to generate enough sales to please the publishers, we have had system requirements effectively frozen in time for the past few years. A $150 card like the 6850 is not really low end when compared to the requirements of the vast majority of titles out there. Even on the really demanding games, the 6850 will still run the game okay as long as you aren't trying to run triple monitors or something like that.

Yes there are cards three to six times more expensive, but in the majority of cases the extra performance either won't be relevant, or the performance gains will not scale well compared to the amount of extra money you had to spend. A $500 card is not going to be 3.3 times faster than a $150 card for example.

Until there are actually a decent amount of games that can bring these $500 to $1000 video cards to their knees, it is really hard to call any card sold for $150 to $200 as low end. To really get into the low end you would be looking at cards sold for $100 or lower.
m
l
October 18, 2012 1:50:00 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Let me ask you this....

In my shops I sell all graphics cards....

I sell his for £110

I sell some at £500

I sell some at £1000

Which would YOU say is low end ?

I am not saying its a bad card, but its definitely low end....

I think I saw a similar argument a few weeks ago, :p . Honestly, I think you are sort of right Brett, but people don't like you saying there valuables are low end. I'd recommend saying more neutral things.
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 1:51:28 AM

voiidwulf said:
I think I saw a similar argument a few weeks ago, :p . Honestly, I think you are sort of right Brett, but people don't like you saying there valuables are low end. I'd recommend saying more neutral things.

I see your point, but I like to give HONEST advice, even though it may not be exactly tactful...lol

m
l
October 18, 2012 1:53:42 AM

Brett928S2 said:

I see your point, but I like to give HONEST advice, even though it may not be exactly tactful...lol

Alright, I know what you mean. Better than misleading people.
m
l
October 18, 2012 3:28:39 AM

lol you guys argued and thanks for the help
m
l
a b à CPUs
October 18, 2012 5:13:56 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Well, that advice wasn't really good. His graphics card isn't even maxing out in usage, and his CPU is. Upgrading the graphics card would only increase the bottleneck and not the performance.

@OP: I'd suggest looking at overclocking your CPU.
m
l
October 18, 2012 10:43:15 AM

[joke]

All the best Stupido :) 
[/joke]

money as much as they are important,for this discussion they are irrelevant...

Yes, bad company 2 is very very CPU intensive... I have similar performance class CPU + overclock (see 'member configuration') and yet my CPU goes to 95-98% utilization during game play...

IMHO this high CPU utilization is due to the destructible environment (CPU intensive math) of the game engine...

in short, nothing is wrong with your computer - it is nice mid-range gaming machine... :) 

All the best Stupido :-P
m
l
October 18, 2012 11:59:19 AM

Stupido said:
[joke]

All the best Stupido :) 
[/joke]

lol!
m
l