Check Battery Charging?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

I just replaced the battery for a Compaq Evo N400C and it will not charge
(or is just dead) Any suggestions where to check to see if there is a flaw
with a multimeter?

Archived from groups: comp.sys.laptops,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

In article <43o1e.4620$AN1.3587@fed1read03>, davidg35 <davidg35@cox.net>
writes
>I just replaced the battery for a Compaq Evo N400C and it will not charge
>(or is just dead) Any suggestions where to check to see if there is a flaw
>with a multimeter?

Fresh torch battery?

--
Nicholas David Richards -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

"Nicholas D Richards" <nicholas@salmiron.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <43o1e.4620$AN1.3587@fed1read03>, davidg35 <davidg35@cox.net>
> writes
>>I just replaced the battery for a Compaq Evo N400C and it will not charge
>>(or is just dead) Any suggestions where to check to see if there is a flaw
>>with a multimeter?
>>

> Fresh torch battery?
>
> --
> Nicholas David Richards -
>
> "Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Used Battery from ebay from a seller with good rep.