SplinTAH

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Hey, I'm new to overclocking and comp hardware etc, and i would like greatly if someone could help me. I currently have a Duron 750, and i wish to overclock it to 950mhz/1ghz. I know how to do this etc, but i was wondering what would be the best way to cool it. I do not have to much money to spend on cooling, and i was considering fans. Any help me?

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
1. What are you already using to cool it?

2. What do you want to spend? $30-$50 US

<font color=red><b>Come to the <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=45775#45775" target="_new">THG Gathering/LAN party</A>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well as you have a high end fan and a low end processor you could probably overclock with what you have.

But you also need a decent motherboard and ram. what do you have?

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Hmmm.
I had a look at your specifications and it doesnt look terribly promising.
Many of the older motherboards had trouble getting much beyond 105 to 110 FSB...
Probably the best thing you can do (if possible) is to unlock your cpu to gain access to the multipliers.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
You have decent fam, so long as you dont push it too far, and just watch your PCI devices at 115mhz, they should be ok.

Take your time with overclocking. Go up in steps. work out what voltae is required for what speed. test thouroughly.

MEMTEST86 for memory integrity
TOAST! for absolute cpu temp stability
PRIME95 'Torture Test' for cpu integrity and calculation accuracy
A File archiving software with error checking for hard drive integrity testing at high FSB.