db_dragman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
I wanted to overclock my 2100 but from what I have read you can only take them to about 2000 MHz! This is done by closing some bridges and opening others. I want to go much higher then this and was wondering if there was another way to overclock the XP 2100 or do I have to make it think it is a XP 2300? Any input would be greatly appreciated, I'm going crazy trying to find this out!!!

svol

Champion
2-2.2 GHz is about the max you can get out af the old XP core (palimino or something... I'm bad at names). And the T-bredA (XP2200+) wont go much higher. You will need an XP2400+ (T-bredB) to get to 2.4GHz or something higher... but do you need all that speed?

Your XP2100+ runs at 1.73 GHz... so when you're lucky you can OC it with 300MHz if you cooling is good enough.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3200 RAM!
--- PM me for information.

db_dragman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Well first off I am going to do some extreme water cooling. The question I have is that there are some things that I'm not clear on about unmlocking it. Some say just close the L1 Bridges others say you have to open a few and close a few on the L3 and L4 and L9. I closed the L1 bridges and I still can't overclock. Now I'm having problems runing it over 833! Maybe the silver ink I used isn't any good.

svol

Champion
Well it depends on which core you have (Palimono (0.18um) or the T-breds (0.13um)). The palimino is unlocked b closing all the L1 bridges the same way as done in the THG Unlocking video in the main site's how-to section. The T-bred is unlocked by closing the last L3 bridge (if IIRC).
The L4 and L9 (and L3 with palimino) directly alter the mulitplier and don' unlock the CPU when you don't have the ability to change the multiplier with your motherboard.

You said you unlocked the CPU... did you close the small holes between the L1 pins with non conducting stuff (like nail polish) and after that aplied the silver ink? You can use a multimeter to measure the resistance (Ohm) of the CPU between the pins and the grounds (large copper/gold dots on the CPU upper surface). It should be 0.

Oh and BTW what are you planning with watercooling? I have watercooling myself so I'm always interested.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by svol on 12/17/02 08:06 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

db_dragman

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2002
Well I think what my problem is that not all the bridges were closed properly due to poor ink. I'll be trying to close them properly on the weekend. Untill then I'll have to live with the fsb speed way. E-mail me at db_dragman@hotmail.com and I'll send you some pics and info on what I have done if you are interested

FrizzleFried

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2002
The XP2100+ is a little different than all other Palominos. The XP2100+ requires that all L1 bridges be closed, as well as one of the L10 bridges. You also have to open the other L10 bridge. There is a guide on how to do it exactly (for this specific processessor) at: http://www.cluboverclocker.com/guides/XP_Unlock/

Keep in mind though that you currently own one of the worst overclockers of AMD history. I own an XP2100+ and can only get 1846mhz out of it...while I just payed $68 for a Thoroughbred XP1800 last week...and low and behold, I get just over 2 ghz with the 1800!!! I highly recommend you get yourself another processesor and leave the XP to stock (or close to stock) speeds....it's just close to it's limit at stock speeds. Good luck.

TRENDING THREADS