810894 - article about spool stopping

I am having an issue with a dos program causing the spooler to stop and all
the printers to become uninstalled. The KB article is noted above, 810894.
Let me know if anyone has any idea how to prevent this from happening each
time I try to print from a dos program in Win XP. I am printing from Q&A
5.0, running WinXp SP2, printer is a brother HL 1440. There are other
brother, HP, Xerox model printers that can print from this program, but this
computer causes the symptom discussed in the KB article. I can resolve it,
but only until the next time someone tries to print. I really need to be
able to print, so I would love to get this fixed. Please help me.

Does Bruce Sanderson's article help:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"jliii" <jobylewisii@warmerthanwarmmail.com> wrote in message
>I am having an issue with a dos program causing the spooler to stop and all
> the printers to become uninstalled. The KB article is noted above,
> 810894.
> Let me know if anyone has any idea how to prevent this from happening each
> time I try to print from a dos program in Win XP. I am printing from Q&A
> 5.0, running WinXp SP2, printer is a brother HL 1440. There are other
> brother, HP, Xerox model printers that can print from this program, but
> this
> computer causes the symptom discussed in the KB article. I can resolve
> it,
> but only until the next time someone tries to print. I really need to be
> able to print, so I would love to get this fixed. Please help me.

I'll try it out.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Does Bruce Sanderson's article help:
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "jliii" <jobylewisii@warmerthanwarmmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am having an issue with a dos program causing the spooler to stop and all
> > the printers to become uninstalled. The KB article is noted above,
> > 810894.
> > Let me know if anyone has any idea how to prevent this from happening each
> > time I try to print from a dos program in Win XP. I am printing from Q&A
> > 5.0, running WinXp SP2, printer is a brother HL 1440. There are other
> > brother, HP, Xerox model printers that can print from this program, but
> > this
> > computer causes the symptom discussed in the KB article. I can resolve
> > it,
> > but only until the next time someone tries to print. I really need to be
> > able to print, so I would love to get this fixed. Please help me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts