Xaos

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
I just finished unlocking my XP 1800. Within the BIOS, I can now change the multiplier where before it was greyed-out. Unfortunately, any changes that are made within the BIOS aren't reflected in programs like WCPUID & Sandra--they still show my multiplyer at 11.5 even though I've changed it to 12 or 12.5 in the BIOS. Moreover, testing my new configs show no improvement whatsoever. This is not the case when I change my FSB--changes in the BIOS are shown in these programs with subsequent benchmark improvments.

I'm perplexed simply because I would assume that if my bridges were not properly covered then I would be unable to change my multiplier in the BIOS. I have the board set to jumper-free mode.

My stats:

XP 1800+ CPU
Asus A7V333 mainboard with the latest BIOS.
Windows XP Home Edition
512 DDR @ 266 MHz
Gforce 3, Audigy, latest drivers, etc.

Any ideas as to why my BIOS multiplier settings are not 'working'?

Thanks for any help or direction!

Give me Convenience or Give me Death!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well if its not showing up in the startup screen or programs like wcpuid then obviously the multipliers havent taken.

Have you tried choosing multipliers BELOW the stock one?
Your board should be set to jumperfree, with multipliers enabled and autodetect off (i think)

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

Xaos

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
I actually tried to run it at a multiplier setting of 11 (default is 11.5) and she won't even boot.

I'll take a deeper look into my BIOS settings for any additional multiplier/autodetect settings.

Give me Convenience or Give me Death!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm interesting. Most probably a bad unlock.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

svol

Champion
Or it is a bad unlock, or the BIOS has some kind of 'Speed Error Hold' option that doesn't allow you to boot the PC at different speeds then the one determined for the CPU.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

TRENDING THREADS