LG VX 4500 Please help me I have posted this 4 or 5 times ..

I have recently upgraded to a LG VX 4500 and I have two questions I need help
with and i cannot find the answers to anyplace, here they are:

1) When i press speed dial 1 for my voice messages it asks me to enter my
password. I am looking to see if there is a way that I can edit this so that i
add the password so all i need to do is press 1 to get to the voice mail.
Currently what I have been doing is to add an entry which I called Mail and i
enterred 1 followed by two 3 second pauses and the password, this works but I
am using up one of the available contacts and i also have to enter two numbers
to get to it rather than 1.

2) The second issue is this, using bitpim i was able to get rid of that damned
verizon ad, and i have been able to create and upload my own ring tones which
is great. I have also been able to upload images to use as wallpaper and for
assignment to the contacts. I was able to assign images to the contact with my
LG VX 4400 with no problem and the same software but now in the LG VX 4500 even
though they upload and i can see them in my graphics directory, and even though
when i assign them to the contact it says it has been assigned to it, they
never display like they used to in the 4400. I am using the same type of
images i used then so i do not understand what seems to be the problem.

Any help I can get clearing up either or both of these matters will be greatly
appreciated (thanks to your help before i was able to learn how to remove the
verizon banner).

David

As far as #2.... The picture size is different... so check what the
size is supposed to be.. check Yahoo Groups and look for LG 4500.. it
should give you some Ideas

On 15 Apr 2005 17:04:46 -0500, LrdAnlh <LrdAnkh@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have recently upgraded to a LG VX 4500 and I have two questions I need help
>with and i cannot find the answers to anyplace, here they are:
>
>1) When i press speed dial 1 for my voice messages it asks me to enter my
>password. I am looking to see if there is a way that I can edit this so that i
>add the password so all i need to do is press 1 to get to the voice mail.
>Currently what I have been doing is to add an entry which I called Mail and i
>enterred 1 followed by two 3 second pauses and the password, this works but I
>am using up one of the available contacts and i also have to enter two numbers
>to get to it rather than 1.
>
>2) The second issue is this, using bitpim i was able to get rid of that damned
>verizon ad, and i have been able to create and upload my own ring tones which
>is great. I have also been able to upload images to use as wallpaper and for
>assignment to the contacts. I was able to assign images to the contact with my
>LG VX 4400 with no problem and the same software but now in the LG VX 4500 even
>though they upload and i can see them in my graphics directory, and even though
>when i assign them to the contact it says it has been assigned to it, they
>never display like they used to in the 4400. I am using the same type of
>images i used then so i do not understand what seems to be the problem.
>
>Any help I can get clearing up either or both of these matters will be greatly
>appreciated (thanks to your help before i was able to learn how to remove the
>verizon banner).

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

> 1) When i press speed dial 1 for my voice messages it asks me to enter my
> password. I am looking to see if there is a way that I can edit this so
that i
> add the password so all i need to do is press 1 to get to the voice mail.
> Currently what I have been doing is to add an entry which I called Mail
and i
> enterred 1 followed by two 3 second pauses and the password, this works
but I
> am using up one of the available contacts and i also have to enter two
numbers
> to get to it rather than 1.

Why? didn't you just add the contact to speed dial location #1? That's
what I did, but with a hard pause and my passnumber. Don't forget to add
'911' to speed dial 9... don't know why the manufacturer doesn't do that.

"Falky foo" <falkyfoo@bonksbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> 1) When i press speed dial 1 for my voice messages it asks me to enter my
>> password. I am looking to see if there is a way that I can edit this so
>that i
>> add the password so all i need to do is press 1 to get to the voice mail.
>> Currently what I have been doing is to add an entry which I called Mail
>and i
>> enterred 1 followed by two 3 second pauses and the password, this works
>but I
>> am using up one of the available contacts and i also have to enter two
>numbers
>> to get to it rather than 1.

Simply because i do not know how to do it, and I have read ther manual twice
and do nto see how, If you would be so kind to tell me how I would appreciate
it. Thank you.

>Why? didn't you just add the contact to speed dial location #1? That's
>what I did, but with a hard pause and my passnumber. Don't forget to add
>'911' to speed dial 9... don't know why the manufacturer doesn't do that.

On 16 Apr 2005 19:14:57 -0500, LrdAnlh <LrdAnkh@gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped for brevity>>
>Simply because i do not know how to do it, and I have read ther manual twice
>and do nto see how, If you would be so kind to tell me how I would appreciate
>it. Thank you.
Sheesh! This is why I've been advocating a FAQ for this newsgroup.

Keep in mind that changing speed dial 1 will also change the voice
mail hot key to whatever you change speed dial 1 to. That's an LG
problem and not Verizon.

Press menu, then "0". Should display "Service Code" and "??????".
Enter 6 zeros. Select SMS. Select Edit Voice Mailbox #. Just enter
whatever you want there.

- Sandy