Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Disk Boot failure help!

Last response: in Windows 7
October 26, 2010 8:34:36 AM

Hey guys,

So the other day i let my sister use my computer and when she went to turn it on she forgot to turn on the monitor so

being impatient she hit the reset while windows 7 was loading and now it says disk boot failure and wont boot. I tried

the windows 7 recovery by booting the from the dvd drive, but my windows 7 install is not on list where i select to do the

repair. I don't want to reinstall windows 7 because i have some stuff i want to keep, so any help is appreciated!

More about : disk boot failure

October 26, 2010 9:01:12 AM

I did try the start up repair, the problem is the program isn't recognizing my windows 7 install. I saw someone fix a problem like mine but they had a harddrive with 2 partitions and he used diskpart in command prompt to activate his system partition so he can do the repair process. I tried the method, but since i don't have any partitions it wont let me activate the partition in diskpart.
Related resources

Best solution

October 26, 2010 9:26:16 AM
October 26, 2010 10:14:56 AM

In the guide you posted it says to select the os to repair. My problem is that the repair tool in windows 7 isn't recognizing my windows 7 install.
October 26, 2010 12:16:22 PM

dukesilver said:
In the guide you posted it says to select the os to repair. My problem is that the repair tool in windows 7 isn't recognizing my windows 7 install.

HMMM. with XP I would just do a reinstall right over existing, dunno about 7 tho..:) 
October 26, 2010 8:55:39 PM

The second guide is differrent, tho the win7 is not recognizing it, we are hoping the second method will show it to you, have you tried it yet?
October 26, 2010 10:05:31 PM

The second guide says to select my os from the list to repair. That is a problem since it is not showing my windows 7 install for some reason.

Also thanks for the replys.
October 26, 2010 10:17:35 PM

Sorry, but just so I'm clear, you tried the second method and when you got to step 5 you got stuck due to no OS correct?
October 26, 2010 11:04:31 PM

Hey thanks a lot Tom for all the help, for some reason when i went to try working on the computer today, my installation was selectable, so i followed guide number 2 and now all is fixed! Thanks again Tom.
October 27, 2010 4:19:32 AM

OH that is great news, my pleasure and good luck.
November 3, 2010 6:32:25 AM

Best answer selected by dukesilver.
!