Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Disk Boot failure help!

Last response: in Windows 7
October 26, 2010 8:34:36 AM

Hey guys,

So the other day i let my sister use my computer and when she went to turn it on she forgot to turn on the monitor so

being impatient she hit the reset while windows 7 was loading and now it says disk boot failure and wont boot. I tried

the windows 7 recovery by booting the from the dvd drive, but my windows 7 install is not on list where i select to do the

repair. I don't want to reinstall windows 7 because i have some stuff i want to keep, so any help is appreciated!

More about : disk boot failure

October 26, 2010 9:01:12 AM

I did try the start up repair, the problem is the program isn't recognizing my windows 7 install. I saw someone fix a problem like mine but they had a harddrive with 2 partitions and he used diskpart in command prompt to activate his system partition so he can do the repair process. I tried the method, but since i don't have any partitions it wont let me activate the partition in diskpart.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 26, 2010 9:26:16 AM
October 26, 2010 10:14:56 AM

In the guide you posted it says to select the os to repair. My problem is that the repair tool in windows 7 isn't recognizing my windows 7 install.
m
l
October 26, 2010 12:16:22 PM

dukesilver said:
In the guide you posted it says to select the os to repair. My problem is that the repair tool in windows 7 isn't recognizing my windows 7 install.

HMMM. with XP I would just do a reinstall right over existing, dunno about 7 tho..:) 
m
l
October 26, 2010 8:55:39 PM

The second guide is differrent, tho the win7 is not recognizing it, we are hoping the second method will show it to you, have you tried it yet?
m
l
October 26, 2010 10:05:31 PM

The second guide says to select my os from the list to repair. That is a problem since it is not showing my windows 7 install for some reason.

Also thanks for the replys.
m
l
October 26, 2010 10:17:35 PM

Sorry, but just so I'm clear, you tried the second method and when you got to step 5 you got stuck due to no OS correct?
m
l
October 26, 2010 11:04:31 PM

Hey thanks a lot Tom for all the help, for some reason when i went to try working on the computer today, my installation was selectable, so i followed guide number 2 and now all is fixed! Thanks again Tom.
m
l
October 27, 2010 4:19:32 AM

OH that is great news, my pleasure and good luck.
m
l
November 3, 2010 6:32:25 AM

Best answer selected by dukesilver.
m
l
!