Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
I have a soyo dragon+ motherboard with an athlon 2000+, and I would definitly like to overclock, however I would like to do it via the FSB. So here is the query I am faced with: if possible, how can I just overclock the FSB on the cpu? I know that there are different dividers for the agp and pci bus, is there any way to lock them, or even change them? Thanks a lot for any help, and happy holidays

svol

Champion
First of all which Dragon+ board do you have... most important which chipset does it has.

Only some KT400 and NForce2 boards have the possibilty to lock the PCI and AGP bus speed as far as I know.

But with the KT333 and higher chipsets you can change the divider for PCI and AGP with higher FSB or the boards adjust them automatically after a surtain FSB speed.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Your tricky question confuses me ?
You can only overclock that CPU by increasing the system bus, or by unlocking the CPU and changing the multiplier. As the latter is a slightly risky and difficult procedure I'll forget it. So your left with FSB increase. You can increase this via your BIOS, you will however have to also monitor the values of you memory speed, and dividers for PCI and AGP if your motherboard alows this. If not you may just have to overclock these also, which is not always an issue in small amounts as most cards will handle it.

Tim

<font color=blue>Its winter now... So how come my CPU temp is still </font color=blue><b><font color=red>55C</font color=red></b>