Fax Dialing Rules, 1 infront of all area codes

Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I seem to have two problems:

1 - When I fax from my "Send Fax" wizard I choose a person from my Outlook
contacts list ("Use Dialing Rules" box is checked), I can not seem to do
anything with any of the options to get the fax to dial a "1" before it dials
the area code & phone number.

2 - I need ALL faxes to dial a "1" before ALL calls (all calls outside our
area code require we dial a "1" before the area code and even calls within
our own area codes now require
this). In the dialing rules setup it seems I would have to add every single
area code in the US & Canada one-by-one for this to work....is there a way to
make all faxes dial "1" before the ALL area codes?

Thank you for your help,
Erik
ekafarski@hotmail.com

I have never had good results trying to use the address book for long
distance. You must have the 1 prefix and it must be +1 but it never works
for me either. Phone numbers entered manually in the dialer will have 1
prefixed but not address book numbers.

"erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I seem to have two problems:
>
> 1 - When I fax from my "Send Fax" wizard I choose a person from my Outlook
> contacts list ("Use Dialing Rules" box is checked), I can not seem to do
> anything with any of the options to get the fax to dial a "1" before it
> dials
> the area code & phone number.
>
> 2 - I need ALL faxes to dial a "1" before ALL calls (all calls outside our
> area code require we dial a "1" before the area code and even calls within
> our own area codes now require
> this). In the dialing rules setup it seems I would have to add every
> single
> area code in the US & Canada one-by-one for this to work....is there a way
> make all faxes dial "1" before the ALL area codes?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Erik
> ekafarski@hotmail.com

Byte

Put a plus (+) sign in front of the number 1 for canonical format, see below:
Dialing Rules May Not Be Applied to Tools Such as Fax
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318575

--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the