Fax Dialing Rules, 1 infront of all area codes

I seem to have two problems:

1 - When I fax from my "Send Fax" wizard I choose a person from my Outlook
contacts list ("Use Dialing Rules" box is checked), I can not seem to do
anything with any of the options to get the fax to dial a "1" before it dials
the area code & phone number.

2 - I need ALL faxes to dial a "1" before ALL calls (all calls outside our
area code require we dial a "1" before the area code and even calls within
our own area codes now require
this). In the dialing rules setup it seems I would have to add every single
area code in the US & Canada one-by-one for this to work....is there a way to
make all faxes dial "1" before the ALL area codes?

Thank you for your help,
Erik
ekafarski@hotmail.com
2 answers Last reply
More about dialing rules infront area codes

    I have never had good results trying to use the address book for long
    distance. You must have the 1 prefix and it must be +1 but it never works
    for me either. Phone numbers entered manually in the dialer will have 1
    prefixed but not address book numbers.

    "erik" <erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I seem to have two problems:
    >
    > 1 - When I fax from my "Send Fax" wizard I choose a person from my Outlook
    > contacts list ("Use Dialing Rules" box is checked), I can not seem to do
    > anything with any of the options to get the fax to dial a "1" before it
    > dials
    > the area code & phone number.
    >
    > 2 - I need ALL faxes to dial a "1" before ALL calls (all calls outside our
    > area code require we dial a "1" before the area code and even calls within
    > our own area codes now require
    > this). In the dialing rules setup it seems I would have to add every
    > single
    > area code in the US & Canada one-by-one for this to work....is there a way
    > make all faxes dial "1" before the ALL area codes?
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    > Erik
    > ekafarski@hotmail.com

    Put a plus (+) sign in front of the number 1 for canonical format, see below:
    Dialing Rules May Not Be Applied to Tools Such as Fax
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=318575

    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "erik" wrote:

    > I seem to have two problems:
    >
    > 1 - When I fax from my "Send Fax" wizard I choose a person from my Outlook
    > contacts list ("Use Dialing Rules" box is checked), I can not seem to do
    > anything with any of the options to get the fax to dial a "1" before it dials
    > the area code & phone number.
    >
    > 2 - I need ALL faxes to dial a "1" before ALL calls (all calls outside our
    > area code require we dial a "1" before the area code and even calls within
    > our own area codes now require
    > this). In the dialing rules setup it seems I would have to add every single
    > area code in the US & Canada one-by-one for this to work....is there a way to
    > make all faxes dial "1" before the ALL area codes?
    >
    > Thank you for your help,
    > Erik
    > ekafarski@hotmail.com

Fax Microsoft Windows XP