Sign in with
Your question

Best mechanical keyboard out of these 3 for BF3?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Battlefield
  • Keyboards
  • Video Games
  • Product
Last response: in Video Games
October 18, 2012 7:47:23 PM

Hello,
Can someone help be decide what mechanical keyboard to get? I'm currently trying to choose between a nighthawk x9, k60, or k90. they all use red cherrys btw, but which one would be better for BF3? Price isn't an issue, i can get them all for around the same price. I'm sort of leaning towards the K90, but which would you recommend?

More about : mechanical keyboard bf3

October 18, 2012 8:10:11 PM

Personally, the K60 looks the best out of the bunch. The k90 is charging you for non-mechanical macro keys that you wouldn't use in BF3 anyway, and the Nighthawk is egregiously over-priced. The irony in marketing a mechanical keyboard with backlit keys so that people can see what buttons they are pressing in the dark is not exactly well-concealed.
m
l
October 18, 2012 8:45:26 PM

If you're set on just those three, I would say the K60. I have a Blackwidow Ultimate and I love it, but of your 3 go with the K60 like Casualcolors said.

My Blackwidow Ultimate has 5 programmable Macro keys (also mechanical) but require Razer Synapse to actually be programmable. The program is HORRIBLE. I actually uninstalled it and just won't be using the macro keys. The software is that bad.
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2012 7:42:48 AM

casualcolors said:
Personally, the K60 looks the best out of the bunch. The k90 is charging you for non-mechanical macro keys that you wouldn't use in BF3 anyway, and the Nighthawk is egregiously over-priced. The irony in marketing a mechanical keyboard with backlit keys so that people can see what buttons they are pressing in the dark is not exactly well-concealed.

I said that price isn't an issue because i can get them all for the exact same price. Wouldn't the K90 be the best because of all the extra features?
m
l
October 19, 2012 3:36:05 PM

viper777 said:
I said that price isn't an issue because i can get them all for the exact same price. Wouldn't the K90 be the best because of all the extra features?

If you can get the K90 for $84.99 (the price of the K60) then it's really up to you. Personally I don't prefer having macro keys at all but that is strictly an issue of taste.
m
l
October 20, 2012 7:59:54 AM

Definitely the K60! Also using a Blackwidow and wish I had the K60. Like casualcolors said, you really won't need macros in bf3, so yeah...the K60. If the K90's for the same price, then definitely the K90....wouldn't hurt getting the extra features for the same price even if you won't be using it.

Better have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it! :) 
m
l
!