How to start printing on a login wireless system?

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

I have two xp sp2 running machines on a wireless network. The desktop
requires a login in order for the laptop to access files on the
desktop.

When I try to print from the laptop nothing happens as the system is
waiting for a login to happen which I can only do by accessing a file
on the desktop in order to activate the login. After I have logged in
then there is no problem with printing.

Is there a way to fix this?

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

I should have added
"I can only do by accessing a file, from the laptop, on the desktop in
order to activate the login.

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:57:54 GMT, nobody <go1@go.com> wrote:

>I have two xp sp2 running machines on a wireless network. The desktop
>requires a login in order for the laptop to access files on the
>desktop.
>
>When I try to print from the laptop nothing happens as the system is
>waiting for a login to happen which I can only do by accessing a file
>on the desktop in order to activate the login. After I have logged in
>then there is no problem with printing.
>
>Is there a way to fix this?

See Bruce Sanderson's article at
Cari (MS-MVP)