Fax dialing rules & Outlook Contact fax numbers

September 17, 2005 9:08:02 PM

When I fax from my "Send Fax" wizard I choose a person from my Outlook
contacts list ("Use Dialing Rules" box is checked), none of the Dialing
Rules options seem to be able to make the fax dial a "1" before it dials the
area code & phone number.

When I enter a tel or fax # in Outlook contacts by typing in the area code
and number (xxx-xxx-xxxx) in the blank tel/fax field, it changes it
immediately to the right form, (xxx) xxx-xxxx. BUT, it does not put the "+1"
in front of the whole number to make it dial correctly when you choose this
contact to fax with XP fax!!!!

I have found that when I enter a fax or tel # in outlook contacts by
clicking the button to show pop-up window where you enter the area code and
tel # in separate fields, Outlook automatically puts a "+1" in front of the
area code. THEN the XP fax dials correctly (1 + area code + fax #), even if
dialing rules were not setup for that area code.

I have a lot of cotacts with fax numbers already put in the first way I
described above. IS THERE ANY WAY TO MAKE OUTLOOK CONTACTS AUTOMATICALLY PUT
"+1" IN FRONT OF THE AREA CODE/TEL OR FAX # NO MATTER HOW THE NUMBERS ARE PUT
IN???????

Thank you for your help,
Erik
ekafarski@hotmail.com