Case Temp Reading

uther

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Anyone know why my case temp reading never changes from 25 degrees C? I would expect it to fluctuate some, but it never does in either the BIOS or in MBM5. Is it possible that I did not hook something up correctly between the case and the mobo? I know that there was one connector coming out of the PSU that I never found a home for - it was not a 4 pin power connect and it wasn't the 20 pin power connector, I believe it was either 6 or 8 pins. Could this be the culprit? If so, any idea where it connects since I am leary to just plug it into just any old slot and risk frying my mobo.

Thanks.

uther

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2002
Update, I found out that the extra wire is the Aux Power connector. So, I still have no idea why my case temperature reading never changes and I don't know what the Aux Power connector is for.

svol

Champion
With most mobo's the case temp is detected with an onboard thermal diode... but it also could be that it is just a phony temp.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.