Overclocking the Intel D845pebt2

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi

I just recently built a computer using the Intel D845PEBT2 board. Tom mentioned in his review of this board that it is possible to overclock the memory and fsb. However, when I went into the bios, it wouldn't allow me to make changes to either setting. Does anyone know how to overclock this board? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Allan

K0LO

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
Allanag:

I am also interested in finding out how to do this. I saw the performance of the D845PEBT2 in a Tom's Hardware review, with the 4% speed increase (burn-in mode), and would like to try that out on my new motherboard. Does anyone know how to get to the settings that were described in the article? I think saw a review somewhere else with a screen shot of the BIOS Setup, and there was a menu with choices for FSB speed of normal, +1%, +2%, +3% and +4%; but I can't find that menu in my BIOS (version BT84520A.86A.0010.P03). Any help would be appreciated!

Mark

K0LO

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
Allanag and all:

I think I have figured this one out. The article that I remember seeing is a review of the Intel D845PEBT2 motherboard on the Motherboards.org website, and may be found at the following URL: <A HREF="http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1214_1.html " target="_new">http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/motherboard-reviews/1214_1.html </A>. If you look carefully at the screen shots, you can see that the BIOS version in use is BT84520A.86A.0012.P05, which is two revisions newer than the version that I'm currently using (and probably newer than yours, too). Evidently, this is a feature that was added to the BIOS after the motherboard was released.

So the solution would seem to be to download the latest BIOS update from the Intel web site (they are currently listing BT84520A.86A.0015.P06 as the most-current verion), and then the FSB speed setting should be in the Chipset Configuration submenu. I will try this out as soon as I get the rest of the computer working :smile:

Mark,
K0LO

Allanag

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
Hi Mark!

You were right :) I downloaded the latest BIOS to my machine. When it is updated successfully, it adds a burn in option under the chipset configuration menu. This allows you to choose how much you want to overclock, from -02 to +04.

Thanks for the insight and Happy Holidays :)

Allan