Sign in with
Your question

Pc Games vs Console Games

Last response: in Video Games
October 19, 2012 9:27:06 PM

Now that my new computer is 2 days near completion I was wondering which games I should get console and which for PC. So far what I've thought is:
1)Terrible PC Port: Console
2)$50 = PC
3) Multiplayer = Console

These are some I just thought off of the top of my head. I would get Multiplayer games for console because most of my friends are console players. This is all I can really think of right now so I can use your help D:

More about : games console games

October 19, 2012 10:32:18 PM

The only reason to buy the console version is to play with friends or the port was just awful. Even mediocre ports will be better on the PC.
m
l
October 19, 2012 11:05:54 PM

Games can be much cheaper on the PC - Indie games and massive regular discounts on download services such as Steam can get you AAA games for under £5 without too much waiting after they come out.

Consoles do tend to work more often compared to PC games, however it is easier to fix issues on the PC.

Consoles can have issues with some ISP's, my brother had lots of trouble connecting his Xbox 360 through Virgin media (UK) broadband which turned out to be a common problem but i'm not sure he actually fixed that yet.

PC's have higher resolutions and AA etc. Most Xbox stuff is rendered at 720p and upscaled. PC's can run normal office stuff etc, and are multi-purpose.

When you play a computer game, people can still watch telly (If that reflects your likely set-up)

PC games can be modded to improve them, even long after they were released.

Remember, all console games were developed on a PC :p 
m
l
Related resources
October 20, 2012 12:28:02 AM

I see, I forgot about the modding part and I didn't mean Indie I meant triple AAA that come out on both platforms :p  But thanks, I like the point you made about all console games were developed on a PC.
m
l
October 21, 2012 5:58:11 AM

Its always fun to get free content on the PC too! DLC is sometimes free plus community made maps are always a plus.
m
l
October 21, 2012 7:48:01 AM

Skyrim for pc is a must. You can mod the hell out of it to improve gameplay, and vastly improve visuals. Also try out an indie game on Steam called FTL.

One of the best things about pc gaming is Steam. They always have great deals and sales on great games.
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:18:20 AM

You can get indie games on the xbox but i'm not sure about the PS3. But PC Indie games can be really awesome for the price
m
l
October 21, 2012 8:43:38 AM

You can get them on ps3 as well.
m
l
October 21, 2012 1:54:20 PM

most games on the console can be played with a pc, others can be played using the right emulators. cxbx for Xbox, pcsx2 for ps2 and so on. The fact that you want to play in multiplayer can also be solved. It's just a matter of days that windows 8 will be launced. It can connect you t Xbox live! and it might even probably have preinstalled emulators>
m
l
October 22, 2012 8:01:17 PM

Really? I was contemplating on weather I should get or not especially since I recently bought windows 7 for my computer. But it would be really cool to join my friends Xbox Live party from my PC.
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:19:07 AM

The feature is highly expected to be available in windows 8, probably because Microsoft's sales are going down. the feature would be called crossfire. hope things dont turn out like the iphone 5........ so it's best to just wait a little:D 
m
l
November 11, 2012 7:45:30 AM

Console is way more "managed" I once had a xbox 360 but I got a gaming PC and it was so much better. Some people say "Consoles Are What Games Are Suppost To Be On, They Just Found A Way To Put Them On Computers", which is complety wrong. Consoles basicly is a way to spend a lot of extra money just because games are a bit more connected. Overall consoles are a much simpler setup, PCs are just better.
m
l
November 11, 2012 1:20:34 PM

The way I see it is that consoles are great for a few friends or family to get together and play against each other. PC's are better gaming systems for when you play alone.

PC's just have a better input system, and in the cases where a mouse and keyboard aren't great, like driving games, you can buy accessories.
m
l
November 13, 2012 9:06:39 AM

Ok, so it seems like things didnt turn out well.........No connection to Xbox live from PC! :( 
m
l
November 13, 2012 9:08:12 AM

melikepie said:
Some people say "Consoles Are What Games Are Suppost To Be On, They Just Found A Way To Put Them On Computers", .

I can't imagine meeting a person who actually thinks this. lol
m
l
November 13, 2012 9:08:18 AM

Still, i believe that a PC is the king of all consoles.{AND THE MOTHER!}
m
l
November 13, 2012 11:47:59 AM

An expirienced PC user (that used mods, custom maps, etc), will hardly ever consider getting games on consoles unless they are something like street fighter (where you can fight vs a person sitting next to you).

Apart from that, PC is "most of the times" far better than a console assuming you have the time for it.

Terrible PC ports? In thoery you can still get a controler to run it and use hotfixes for the performance issues (as i said, expirienced PC user).

My case for example: Im still playing Oblivion with about 25 GB size of mods quests etc, and i dont even consider getting Skyrim untill:
A) All DLCs come out in 1 pack
B) The entire Menu/inventory systtem is remade by modders.
C) There is an extreme graphics overhaul (and no, the small mods already out are far from there, but like the morrowind overhaul).
m
l
November 13, 2012 12:27:59 PM

cats_Paw said:
An expirienced PC user (that used mods, custom maps, etc), will hardly ever consider getting games on consoles unless they are something like street fighter (where you can fight vs a person sitting next to you).

You can do this on PC as well. With graphical mods. And true 1080. And anti-aliasing. And never dropping a single frame (which is of the utmost importance in street fighter). And universal xbox360 stick/ps3 stick function.
m
l
November 13, 2012 12:41:17 PM

The only reason to get a console and games for it if you know your way around a PC are as follows:

- exclusives
- friends that only play on console

for everything else PC beats out consoles in 99% of games (1% being those god awful ports)
m
l
November 13, 2012 12:44:33 PM

I know, But normally friends will not want to wait till you turn on a game, or install it, or have directx update, etc. Consoles are basicly more simple, and due to that, more usefull for other things.

I still have more fun with my sister playing on the sega mega drive street fighter than playin SF IV on PC .
m
l
November 13, 2012 12:47:54 PM

cats_Paw said:
I know, But normally friends will not want to wait till you turn on a game.

I'll bet I can start Street Fighter IV and be in a match on PC faster than someone could on Xbox360 or PS3. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but with this title in particular there's literally nothing but a slew of advantages to playing it on PC. In every scenario. In person head-to-head you've still got a higher quality game, and online you've got better netcode and these days a larger pool of players than either 360 or PS3. Just sayin...
m
l
November 13, 2012 4:51:35 PM

cats_Paw said:
Consoles are basicly more simple, and due to that, more usefull for other things.

consoles are simpler, true. More useful for other things... sorry you lost me on that. There's no way in hell a console can match versatility of PC applications.
m
l
November 14, 2012 6:11:08 AM

casualcolors said:
I can't imagine meeting a person who actually thinks this. lol

I forgot where but on youtube I once saw a video of something who thought that. They also thought that consoles were "the best" thing ever.
m
l
November 14, 2012 6:21:13 AM

melikepie said:
I forgot where but on youtube I once saw a video of something who thought that. They also thought that consoles were "the best" thing ever.

Can you imagine going through life understanding literally nothing about anything? lol it's surreal.
m
l
November 14, 2012 6:37:46 AM

casualcolors said:
Can you imagine going through life understanding literally nothing about anything? lol it's surreal.

I know the color of a mirror.
I built a calculater in minecraft.
I blow up a bug.
I crashed jets (well in BF3).
What have you done?
m
l
November 14, 2012 6:59:08 AM

I meant playing diffrent sort of games :D .
If you give a pad to a friend in a coneole and say : this is punch this is jump this is kick.
They normally get the idea of the game quite fast.
On another side, if you try to explain how many keys you use on a regular FPS game, or both play with a keyboard on a PC, it is a bit unfomtable unless you are playing with a naked girl...

Still, Pcs are simply a more powerfull tool.
m
l
November 14, 2012 7:13:54 AM

melikepie said:
I know the color of a mirror.
I built a calculater in minecraft.
I blow up a bug.
I crashed jets (well in BF3).
What have you done?

Ahaha
m
l
November 14, 2012 1:22:03 PM

casualcolors said:

ignorance is bliss

after all
m
l
March 16, 2013 10:31:44 PM

pc all ways beh consolds ever the new consolds coming out next year but few pc games have problem with drm like simcity just come out how you guys get rould it
m
l
!