IGE Ripoff, Don't Buy From Them

I heard the warnings in this group and didn't listen. I bought an
account from IGE and the orginal owner called sony and had it reset. I
lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
had updated it to. SOny will not help you if you dont have the orginal
email address, age, and credit card info the account was created with.
So far, IGE says it won't help resolve. So take a warning from and
idiot, don't get an account, for sure not from IGE, as you can lose it
a long time after you get it. Yeah, it violates the EULA and so I got
what I was coming to me. Save yourself the headaches and money, never
get an account from IGE or there ilk.

Dumb, Ripped OFF, Idiot

igeripedoff@yahoo.com wrote in news:1125497930.966521.258080
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> I heard the warnings in this group and didn't listen. I bought an
> account from IGE and the orginal owner called sony and had it reset. I
> lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
> had updated it to. SOny will not help you if you dont have the orginal
> email address, age, and credit card info the account was created with.
> So far, IGE says it won't help resolve. So take a warning from and
> idiot, don't get an account, for sure not from IGE, as you can lose it
> a long time after you get it. Yeah, it violates the EULA and so I got
> what I was coming to me. Save yourself the headaches and money, never
> get an account from IGE or there ilk.
>
> Dumb, Ripped OFF, Idiot

That can happen regardless. Doesn't matter who you buy it from.

"Dumb" - I'd have to agree
"Ripped OFF" - obviously
"Idiot" - I'm seeing a trend here...

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <Xns96C37B33EF594Rumbledorhotmailcom@63.240.76.16>,
Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com says...
> igeripedoff@yahoo.com wrote in news:1125497930.966521.258080
> @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I heard the warnings in this group and didn't listen. I bought an
> > account from IGE and the orginal owner called sony and had it reset. I
> > lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
> > had updated it to. SOny will not help you if you dont have the orginal
> > email address, age, and credit card info the account was created with.
> > So far, IGE says it won't help resolve. So take a warning from and
> > idiot, don't get an account, for sure not from IGE, as you can lose it
> > a long time after you get it. Yeah, it violates the EULA and so I got
> > what I was coming to me. Save yourself the headaches and money, never
> > get an account from IGE or there ilk.
> >
> > Dumb, Ripped OFF, Idiot

> That can happen regardless. Doesn't matter who you buy it from.

Sue the seller for damages. You have a transaction record. The fact that
its against the EULA to xfer chars is irrelevant. The other party can't
deny that he entered into a transaction to transfer you his rights to
the account. Nor can he deny that you paid him.

You want to piss IGE off? call them as a witness to the transaction, as
they brokered the so called "sale".

The judge will more than likely rule that the other guy misrepresented
the sale of the account, and by reclaiming it violated his agreement to
sell it you, and award you damages (at least what the acct cost, and
possibly court costs too.)

If your bored, follow up by sueing IGE for damages too.

Of course they may have weaseled around it by selling you an account
password or some such nonsense. But in small claims court judges are
surprisingly pragmatic. (Not "Judge Judy"'s ridiculous antics. But
they'll call a spade a spade as often as not.)

42 wrote:
> Sue the seller for damages. You have a transaction record. The fact
> that
> its against the EULA to xfer chars is irrelevant. The other party
> can't
> deny that he entered into a transaction to transfer you his rights
> the account. Nor can he deny that you paid him.
>
> You want to piss IGE off? call them as a witness to the transaction,
> as
> they brokered the so called "sale".
>
> The judge will more than likely rule that the other guy
> misrepresented
> the sale of the account, and by reclaiming it violated his agreement
> sell it you, and award you damages (at least what the acct cost, and
> possibly court costs too.)
>
> If your bored, follow up by sueing IGE for damages too.
>
> Of course they may have weaseled around it by selling you an account
> password or some such nonsense. But in small claims court judges are
> surprisingly pragmatic. (Not "Judge Judy"'s ridiculous antics. But
> they'll call a spade a spade as often as not.)

Can you really sue for something like this? I cant really see a judge
taking a case like this seriously. As long as the original owner
canceled the billing (the charges on your card) and nothing is charged
to your card while the account is in their possition, I dont see what
you can sue for.....

Submitted by: Vidden
This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

On 31 Aug 2005 07:18:51 -0700 in
<1125497930.966521.258080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
igeripedoff@yahoo.com graced the world with this thought:

>I heard the warnings in this group and didn't listen. I bought an
>account from IGE and the orginal owner called sony and had it reset. I
>lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
>had updated it to

so, even though it's against the rules, you did it anyway, and now
you're whining about it, and somehow it's IGE's fault, not yours or
the people that pulled the scam.
Seek help.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:45:32 GMT in
<MPG.1d7f9aaea0cbbed8989cdd@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>, 42
<nospam@nospam.com> graced the world with this thought:

>Sue the seller for damages. You have a transaction record. The fact that
>its against the EULA to xfer chars is irrelevant. The other party can't
>deny that he entered into a transaction to transfer you his rights to
>the account. Nor can he deny that you paid him.

Yeah, and then after he pays a lawyer $5000 to do this, he can come
here and say he got ripped off again.

Of course, since this would more likely be a small claims action, he'd
only have to rely on his own intelligence, since lawyers aren't
allowed, and we've aready seen just how smart he is in the first
place...
So, since there's no punitive damages awarded in small claims court,
with luck, and maybe two or three years of perseverance, he'll have
his money back... what, like $200 or so--if he wins?
Better to just be smart from the outset, and, barring that, cut your
losses and consider it the price of experience. Clearly he's not too
good at listening to peoples' advice, maybe this will be a lesson hard
learned.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:45:32 GMT in
<MPG.1d7f9aaea0cbbed8989cdd@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>, 42
<nospam@nospam.com> graced the world with this thought:

>If your bored, follow up by sueing IGE for damages too.

and uhhh.... what damages would those be?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <%uoRe.5630$z2.4572@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
tuberoo@earthlink.net says...
> On 31 Aug 2005 07:18:51 -0700 in
> <1125497930.966521.258080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> igeripedoff@yahoo.com graced the world with this thought:
>
> >I heard the warnings in this group and didn't listen. I bought an
> >account from IGE and the orginal owner called sony and had it reset. I
> >lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
> >had updated it to
>

> so, even though it's against the rules, you did it anyway, and now
> you're whining about it, and somehow it's IGE's fault, not yours or
> the people that pulled the scam.

> Seek help.

Bizbee,

You seem like an honest guy, and my associates assure me that I can rely
on your discretion and integrity. I represent the offices of the former
prime minister of Nigeria who is currently in exile. We need to move a
large sum of money out of Nigeria ...

;)

Sure the victims ought to have known better, but they are still the
victims. Responsibily and FAULT still lie with the scammers not the
victims.

Vidden <Vidden.1unavd@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote in

> 42 wrote:
>> Sue the seller for damages. You have a transaction record. The fact
>> that its against the EULA to xfer chars is irrelevant. The other party
>> can't deny that he entered into a transaction to transfer you his
>> rights to the account. Nor can he deny that you paid him.
>>
>> You want to piss IGE off? call them as a witness to the transaction,
>> as they brokered the so called "sale".
>>
>> The judge will more than likely rule that the other guy misrepresented
>> the sale of the account, and by reclaiming it violated his agreement
>> to sell it you, and award you damages (at least what the acct cost,
>> and possibly court costs too.)
>>
>> If your bored, follow up by sueing IGE for damages too.
>>
>> Of course they may have weaseled around it by selling you an account
>> password or some such nonsense. But in small claims court judges are
>> surprisingly pragmatic. (Not "Judge Judy"'s ridiculous antics. But
>> they'll call a spade a spade as often as not.)
>

> Can you really sue for something like this? I cant really see a judge
> taking a case like this seriously. As long as the original owner
> canceled the billing (the charges on your card) and nothing is charged
> to your card while the account is in their possition, I dont see what
> you can sue for.....

You can probably sue for what you paid for the account in small claims
court. I don't know that it's been tried off hand though.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 37 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

bizbee <tuberoo@earthlink.net> wrote in news:kzoRe.5631$z2.2406
@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:45:32 GMT in
> <MPG.1d7f9aaea0cbbed8989cdd@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>, 42
> <nospam@nospam.com> graced the world with this thought:
>
>>Sue the seller for damages. You have a transaction record. The fact
that
>>its against the EULA to xfer chars is irrelevant. The other party can't
>>deny that he entered into a transaction to transfer you his rights to
>>the account. Nor can he deny that you paid him.
>
> Yeah, and then after he pays a lawyer $5000 to do this, he can come
> here and say he got ripped off again.
>
> Of course, since this would more likely be a small claims action, he'd
> only have to rely on his own intelligence, since lawyers aren't
> allowed, and we've aready seen just how smart he is in the first
> place...
> So, since there's no punitive damages awarded in small claims court,
> with luck, and maybe two or three years of perseverance, he'll have
> his money back... what, like $200 or so--if he wins?
> Better to just be smart from the outset, and, barring that, cut your
> losses and consider it the price of experience. Clearly he's not too
> good at listening to peoples' advice, maybe this will be a lesson hard
> learned.

In California at least, as I recall, you cannot get the court fees back,
just the damages, in small claims court. Now, if he could make a case
that the value of the account was increased while he owned it, he could
possibly reclaim that added value as well, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

--

In article <kzoRe.5631$z2.2406@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
tuberoo@earthlink.net says...
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:45:32 GMT in
> <MPG.1d7f9aaea0cbbed8989cdd@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>, 42
> <nospam@nospam.com> graced the world with this thought:
>
> >Sue the seller for damages. You have a transaction record. The fact that
> >its against the EULA to xfer chars is irrelevant. The other party can't
> >deny that he entered into a transaction to transfer you his rights to
> >the account. Nor can he deny that you paid him.
>
> Yeah, and then after he pays a lawyer $5000 to do this, he can come
> here and say he got ripped off again.

Lol.

> Of course, since this would more likely be a small claims action, he'd
> only have to rely on his own intelligence, since lawyers aren't
> allowed, and we've aready seen just how smart he is in the first
> place...

Quite. But look at the brainiac he'd be s suing. Dumb and Dumber.

> So, since there's no punitive damages awarded in small claims court,
> with luck, and maybe two or three years of perseverance, he'll have
> his money back... what, like $200 or so--if he wins?

Small claims court is rarely about big profit. Its about justice. Petty
justice. :)

> Better to just be smart from the outset, and, barring that, cut your
> losses and consider it the price of experience.

This is the rationale scammers operate under. I can do this because
nobody will put up with the hassle of stopping me. It grates on my
nerves. I get a real sense of satisfaction out of seeing the stunned
look on their faces when they called out for it.

> Clearly he's not too
> good at listening to peoples' advice, maybe this will be a lesson hard
> learned.

While I agree. Letting the scammer get away with it without a fight just
grates on my nerves. Sue him, write a letter to SOE insisting that the
account be banned, whatever...

Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:18:51 GMT alt.games.everquest igeripedoff@yahoo.com
news:1125497930.966521.258080@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com wrote:

> lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
> had updated it to. SOny will not help you if you dont have the orginal
> email address, age, and credit card info the account was created with.
> So far, IGE says it won't help resolve. So take a warning from and
> idiot, don't get an account, for sure not from IGE, as you can lose it
> a long time after you get it.

I know people who earn 3 or 4k a year selling accounts getting them back,
stripping gear and plat and occasionally transfering a toon to a "solid"
account when it gets to good to sell then they sell the old account again.
Oldest scam in EQ.

In article <MPG.1d7f9aaea0cbbed8989cdd@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>,
42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>You want to piss IGE off? call them as a witness to the transaction, as
>they brokered the so called "sale".

Yeah, right, have the subpoena served in Taiwan... :)

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <df5a17$1dm$1@reader2.panix.com>, wrat@panix.com says...
> In article <MPG.1d7f9aaea0cbbed8989cdd@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>,
> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> >You want to piss IGE off? call them as a witness to the transaction, as
> >they brokered the so called "sale".
> >

> Yeah, right, have the subpoena served in Taiwan... :)

IIRC they have a presense in New York as well.

On 31 Aug 2005 07:18:51 -0700, igeripedoff@yahoo.com wrote:

>I heard the warnings in this group and didn't listen. I bought an
>account from IGE and the orginal owner called sony and had it reset. I
>lost everything I had done with that charecter and all the expansions I
>had updated it to. SOny will not help you if you dont have the orginal
>email address, age, and credit card info the account was created with.
>So far, IGE says it won't help resolve. So take a warning from and
>idiot, don't get an account, for sure not from IGE, as you can lose it
>a long time after you get it. Yeah, it violates the EULA and so I got
>what I was coming to me. Save yourself the headaches and money, never
>get an account from IGE or there ilk.
>
>Dumb, Ripped OFF, Idiot

I gotta give you credit for owning up to being a moron and not whining
about how to get the account back.

Course you're still a moron but, but not a whiner. There's at least
something to be said for that....

~F

In alt.games.everquest, Mary Poppins <Mary.poppins@perfectineveryway.com>
wrote:

>I know people who earn 3 or 4k a year selling accounts getting them back,
>stripping gear and plat and occasionally transfering a toon to a "solid"
>account when it gets to good to sell then they sell the old account again.
>Oldest scam in EQ.

Surely the oldest scam in EQ is delivering mail for the bards, I mean come
on, it's SO EASY.

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Guy Gavriel Kay

Wasn't this exact same message posted about 6-8 weeks ago?

"Windsun" <wind-sun@earthlink.net> writes:

> Wasn't this exact same message posted about 6-8 weeks ago?

Maybe he got ripped off a second time?
He sounds stupid enough for it.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 57 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 23 on E. Marr

In article <MPG.1d7fb72e3bde0fbe989cde@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>,
42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
> You seem like an honest guy, and my associates assure me that I can rely
> on your discretion and integrity. I represent the offices of the former
> prime minister of Nigeria who is currently in exile. We need to move a
> large sum of money out of Nigeria ...
>
> ;)
>
> Sure the victims ought to have known better, but they are still the
> victims. Responsibily and FAULT still lie with the scammers not the
> victims.

That's not really an apt comparison. In the case of the Nigerian scams,
the victim isn't being asked to do anything illegal. In fact, the scams
are usually presented in such a way that the victim thinks they are
*helping* someone.

In the case of the original poster, he was ripped off while trying to do
something against the rules of the game. So, basically, the people he
choose to ask to help him cheat turned out to not be honest. He's a
victim, but he also bears responsibility and the fault lies partly with
him.

--
--Tim Smith

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <reply_in_group-6A29B7.02453102092005
@news1.east.earthlink.net>, reply_in_group@mouse-potato.com says...
> In article <MPG.1d7fb72e3bde0fbe989cde@shawnews.vf.shawcable.net>,
> 42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
> > You seem like an honest guy, and my associates assure me that I can rely
> > on your discretion and integrity. I represent the offices of the former
> > prime minister of Nigeria who is currently in exile. We need to move a
> > large sum of money out of Nigeria ...
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > Sure the victims ought to have known better, but they are still the
> > victims. Responsibily and FAULT still lie with the scammers not the
> > victims.
>
> That's not really an apt comparison. In the case of the Nigerian scams,
> the victim isn't being asked to do anything illegal.

Buying and selling accounts isn't illegal either. Its merely against the
rules in a video game. For which he risks banishment from the land of
Norrath, not credit card fraud.

> In fact, the scams
> are usually presented in such a way that the victim thinks they are
> *helping* someone.
>
> In the case of the original poster,

In the case of the original poster, he was presented with a little
thriving cottage industry of account sales, endless testimonials of
people who'd successfully done it, both on the site, and in game. Sure
it was 'against the rules' but it is widely known that SOE's enforcement
of that rule is completely non-existant. He accepted the risk that SOE
might ban him, not that he could be defrauded by scammers.

> he was ripped off while trying to do
> something against the rules of the game.

So what? The same logic pattern suggests it would be ok for a mechanic
to steal your car if you hire him to install a non-emissions-compliant
exhaust.

> So, basically, the people he
> choose to ask to help him cheat turned out to not be honest. He's a
> victim, but he also bears responsibility and the fault lies partly with
> him.

No. He bears responsibility for cheating, that's it. He didn't somehow
waive his right to not be defrauded by scammers.