HP 1210PSC

September 20, 2005 10:30:02 PM

I am running Windows Xp Home and have a hp 1210psc. A few days ago the
limited users lost their ability to print although the administrator can
still print OK. All that happens when they try to print is the printing icon
(printer with paper in it) flashes then disappears and the document doesn't
print. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

More about : 1210psc

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 12:13:08 AM

Do you have Norton Antivirus software installed?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Gail" <Gail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Windows Xp Home and have a hp 1210psc. A few days ago the
> limited users lost their ability to print although the administrator can
> still print OK. All that happens when they try to print is the printing
> icon
> (printer with paper in it) flashes then disappears and the document
> doesn't
> print. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
September 21, 2005 12:22:04 AM

No I don't have Norton. I use Trendmicro Pc-cillin.

"Gail" wrote:

> I am running Windows Xp Home and have a hp 1210psc. A few days ago the
> limited users lost their ability to print although the administrator can
> still print OK. All that happens when they try to print is the printing icon
> (printer with paper in it) flashes then disappears and the document doesn't
> print. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 1:47:49 PM

Most often seen with Norton, but to see if it's the same kind of problem, go
to the Control Panel and click on Printers & Faxes..... right click on the
printer and select Properties... in the Advanced tab, change the settings to
print direct to printer instead of using the spooler...

Can the Limited Users now print?
--

!