Vazura

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I've had this problem since I built this pc. Any game that is played in DirectX10 or 11 will not allow me to choose any higher resolutions that 800x600, 1024x720 and 1162x684.

Any other game, including Planetside 2, Arma 2 and so on, I can play on high - mid settings, any resolution up to 1920x1080.

My specs are..

CASE: NZXT Guardian Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower ( Red )
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 4GB
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

My monitor is a 32'inch Panasonic Viera 720p ( native), 1080i. But as I stated, I can use 1920x1080. I'm doing it right now.

My friend used this pc for a bit and he was able to play in Dx11 and 10 at any resolution. He used a HDMI to Mini HDMi cable, I am using a Dvi to HDMI cable.

Any help would be great, I could find no topics on the internet anywhere and I searched a lot.

you need to set the tv to its highest rez from its own menu. then go into the display pannel options and set it to the maximum available...
dont bother clicking show unsupported sizes. just select the 1s from the list that are available for your screen... the biggest should be 1920/1080@30hz (1080i) but if 720p is the native rez then your best off using that as tv's can become damaged over time if there run above or below there native settings...

so yeah go to your tvs menu and select the 720p. this should give you a screen size of 1280/720... apply it...

then right click on the desktop and select screen rez

select the monitor as the primary. then use the drop down to select 1280/720@60hz landscape

now select advanced settings.
click the adapter tab and then list all modes.
this will tell you all avaibale modes your screen supports...
dont bother selecting anything just make a mental note of whats there .
click cancel and then apply/ok
your screen should go black for a second and then come back at the requested screen size if its supported...

you may want to get an hdmi to hdmi lead (if your card has an hdmi output)if there missing screen size configs listed in the advanced settings. as hdmi can be a bitch to get working properly when you use a dvi converter...