User Group with permission to install local printer

Hi,
I have a third party program that needs to have a local printer installed.
I've installed a TCP/IP printer and shared it on the machine, then I
installed the same printer with the LPT1 port.
Finally I've made de net use cmd to make the mapping between both printers.
I all worked fine, until I removed de administrator permissions from that
user.
So I want to know what is the best way, probably with GP to make a user able
to install local printers.

Thanks a lot!
Pinipon
1 answer Last reply
More about user group permission install local printer

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at:

    and the KB article at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297780
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "pinipon" <pinipon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a third party program that needs to have a local printer installed.
    > I've installed a TCP/IP printer and shared it on the machine, then I
    > installed the same printer with the LPT1 port.
    > Finally I've made de net use cmd to make the mapping between both
    > printers.
    > I all worked fine, until I removed de administrator permissions from that
    > user.
    > So I want to know what is the best way, probably with GP to make a user
    > able
    > to install local printers.
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    > Pinipon