Hello We need some help:

How can we force an application to use the default printer properties that
have been specified for a printer? For example we have two printers defined
and one have an special form defined and other is letter as default paper.
When we open wordpad, notepad or another application and the letter printer
is default printer, when we select the printer with the special form
definided, we see that this has inherited the default properties of the
printer with letter defined as default paper, so the user will have to change
the paper type every time will print with this special form. We have
configured the printers as specified with KB320035, but we see the same
behaviour. The have made this test with W2K sp4 and Windowx XP SP2.

Thanks for your help

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:10:03 -0700 in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax, Cecrivera (El Salvador) favored
us with...
> How can we force an application to use the default printer properties that
> have been specified for a printer? For example we have two printers defined
> and one have an special form defined and other is letter as default paper.
> When we open wordpad, notepad or another application and the letter printer
> is default printer, when we select the printer with the special form
> definided, we see that this has inherited the default properties of the
> printer with letter defined as default paper, so the user will have to change
> the paper type every time will print with this special form. We have
> configured the printers as specified with KB320035, but we see the same
> behaviour. The have made this test with W2K sp4 and Windowx XP SP2.

I have this same problem with MS-Access 203 under XP SP2: it changes
the default printer properties.

I'd love to see a solution, especially if it comes with an
explanation.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Fortunately, I live in the United States of America, where we are
gradually coming to understand that nothing we do is ever our
fault, especially if it is really stupid. --Dave Barry