Help Wanted with Asus P4PE Audio problem

monaroboy

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
I have a ASUS P4PE installed into a case which has front panel audio (FPA). If I remove the jumpers from the FPA hearder and connect up the case front audio connectors, the FPA connectors work fine, but I lost the sound from the rear on board connectors. Does anybody know a way that I could hook up the FPA connectors without affecting the rear on-board outputs? Any help would be appreciated.

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
The way they make the board is so that if you've got front audio, it disables the rear connectors, that way you've got to buy an the extra jack with SPDIF-out Asus offers. Front audio simply offers the ease of having, well, front connectors, but not additional ports.

monaroboy

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2002
Apparently these connectors are designed to allow the audio to go out from the rear connectors until headphones are connected at the front, for example, and then the audio is re-routed. This normally requires a specific audio type connector that built to intel specs, but I would like to utilize the front audio connectors that are built into my case that I bought. Does anybody know some way of getting these to work?