Sign in with
Your question

Office Professional 2007

Last response: in Windows 7
October 26, 2010 1:32:26 PM

Hello,
I purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2007 and when I go to install on my windows 7 computer, it says must be an administrator. Does this program work on win 7?
October 26, 2010 1:34:43 PM

Absolutely it works. Browse the disk, find the install file (often setup.exe), right click on it and run as administrator.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 26, 2010 4:52:33 PM

Yes, Office Professional 2007 is compatible with Windows 7. It sounds like you are working out of a standard user account and you need to be logged into the administrator account in order to install it. If you are not the administrator of the computer, you may want to ask whoever is for assistance.

Hope this helps,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
Related resources
November 5, 2010 12:39:04 PM

cobra2318 said:
Hello,
I purchased Microsoft Office Professional 2007 and when I go to install on my windows 7 computer, it says must be an administrator. Does this program work on win 7?

Thank you very much for your help. I was able to copy office over to my other profile ;) 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 9, 2010 3:43:24 PM

Great to hear! Thanks for the follow-up!

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
June 29, 2011 6:14:20 PM

60295,3,617210 said:
Yes, Office Professional 2007 is compatible with Windows 7. It sounds like you are working out of a standard user account and you need to be logged into the administrator account in order to install it. If you are not the administrator of the computer, you may want to ask whoever is for assistance.

Hope this helps,
Cassandra

Hello!

I'm also trying to install my office system 2007 on my brand new notebook running windows 7 professional.
I run the .exe file as administrator. It says to me - Installation error - impossible to find available products for the installation. Contact the system administrator.

Can you please help?
m
l
!