3.06 ghz retail heatsink

Noxonamun

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2002
I just ordered a 3.06 processor retail and wanted to know how good the stock fan is. Should i stick with the fan that came with or opt for a better fan like vantec, swiftech, or alpha pal? I know that the stock fans are usually crap but i heard that the 3.06 fan is very good

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
it's definitely better than the previous stock fans that came with P4s, and i would be surprised if intel's stock fan couldn't handle the processor it was paired with
i think you'll be fine (obviously unless you're overclocking)

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>

Noxonamun

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2002
If i do plan to overclock what would be the best cooler out there right now for the new 3.06ghz?or if something coming out really soon thats made for it, i was looking at the vantec aeroflow c7040, how does this compare to the top heatsinks, also is there any reviews that test the 3.06 stock fan to other heatsinks? , thanks

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noxonamun on 12/23/02 00:35 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think Intels new 3.06 cooler is probably about the best P4 cooler out there right now!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>