NO.O. joke, may be bad taste to some...

Every time I hear about the looting in New Orleans all
I can think of is six people standing around a dead WalMart:

"What dropped? What dropped?"
"Color TV."
"Nuts, I was hoping for some Breakfast Bars..."
"Those are a rare drop. I've killed like 8 WalMarts
and all I ever get is Color TV's."
11 answers Last reply
More about joke taste some

    the wharf rat wrote:
    > Every time I hear about the looting in New Orleans all
    > I can think of is six people standing around a dead WalMart:
    >
    > "What dropped? What dropped?"
    > "Color TV."
    > "Nuts, I was hoping for some Breakfast Bars..."
    > "Those are a rare drop. I've killed like 8 WalMarts
    > and all I ever get is Color TV's."

    Please dont post again.

    Submitted by: Vidden
    This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

    On 6 Sep 2005 15:25:07 -0400, wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote:

    > Every time I hear about the looting in New Orleans all
    >I can think of is six people standing around a dead WalMart:
    [snip]

    That was a "bad taste" joke alright. May you get ninja-looted for the
    rest of your life.

    In article <Vidden.1uyeep@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com>,
    Vidden <Vidden.1uyeep@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote:

    >Please dont post again.

    Pffffttt. Please don't read Usenet through some bastardized
    bulletin board system.

    In article <r87sh1919cv0ep75mffdtk3bjdfmqq0jqt@4ax.com>,
    Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

    >That was a "bad taste" joke alright. May you get ninja-looted for the

    Just curious: *why* was it so bad? Bad enough to wish curses
    on me, I mean.

    In article <dfl7kd$a3f$1@reader1.panix.com>, wrat@panix.com says...
    > In article <r87sh1919cv0ep75mffdtk3bjdfmqq0jqt@4ax.com>,
    > Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:
    > >
    > >That was a "bad taste" joke alright. May you get ninja-looted for the
    >
    > Just curious: *why* was it so bad? Bad enough to wish curses
    > on me, I mean.

    If ever the term "insensitive clod" applied... now would be it.

    wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) writes:
    > Well, there's such a thing as "black humor", you know. It's
    > common enough during a tragedy.

    I read it, chuckled, moved on. But then, nobody's ever accused me of
    having a politically correct sense of humor. As you say, black humor (and
    I'll note, since we seem to be dealing with humor-impaired folks in this
    thread, that term has nothing to do with skin color) is a common reaction
    to tragedy. (See http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/05/Sep/katrina.html.)

    You did warn in the subject that some might find it to be in bad taste.
    And the post was definitely EQ-related, so it's not even off-topic.
    I have no problem with the post. (And I commend you for your work in
    the relief effort.)

    -- Don.

    -- Sukrasisx, Monk 57 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
    -- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
    -- Teviron, Knight 25 on E. Marr

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:09:18 -0500, Vidden
    <Vidden.1uyeep@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com> wrote:

    >the wharf rat wrote:
    >> Every time I hear about the looting in New Orleans all
    >> I can think of is six people standing around a dead WalMart:
    >>
    >> "What dropped? What dropped?"
    >> "Color TV."
    >> "Nuts, I was hoping for some Breakfast Bars..."
    >> "Those are a rare drop. I've killed like 8 WalMarts
    >> and all I ever get is Color TV's."
    >

    >Please dont post again.

    >Submitted by: Vidden
    >This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

    While I didn't find it funny I found it entertaining. Go ahead, keep
    posting...

    I guess you just need a visual to be entertained by it. Luckily I
    stare at EQ enough to have the visual.

    ~F

    On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:10:05 +0000 (UTC), wrat@panix.com (the wharf
    rat) wrote:

    >>That was a "bad taste" joke alright. May you get ninja-looted for the
    >
    > Just curious: *why* was it so bad? Bad enough to wish curses
    >on me, I mean.

    It's all in the timing. If you bought that joke up in a few years
    from now it'd probably be funny but since you bought it up while the
    disaster is still fresh and bodies are still being pulled out, it's
    just poor timing.

    "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 23:10:05 +0000 (UTC), wrat@panix.com (the wharf
    > rat) wrote:
    >
    > >>That was a "bad taste" joke alright. May you get ninja-looted for the
    > >
    > > Just curious: *why* was it so bad? Bad enough to wish curses
    > >on me, I mean.
    >
    > It's all in the timing. If you bought that joke up in a few years
    > from now it'd probably be funny but since you bought it up while the
    > disaster is still fresh and bodies are still being pulled out, it's
    > just poor timing.

    Didn't take long for people to start with the NASA jokes after that disaster

    In article <431f81bd$1@duster.adelaide.on.net>,
    lambchop@whocareswhere.com says...

    > "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message

    > > > Just curious: *why* was it so bad? Bad enough to wish curses
    > > >on me, I mean.
    > >
    > > It's all in the timing. If you bought that joke up in a few years
    > > from now it'd probably be funny but since you bought it up while the
    > > disaster is still fresh and bodies are still being pulled out, it's
    > > just poor timing.
    >

    > Didn't take long for people to start with the NASA jokes after that disaster

    They weren't still counting the dead.

    42 wrote:
    > In article <431f81bd$1@duster.adelaide.on.net>,
    > lambchop@whocareswhere.com says...
    >
    >>"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message

    >>>It's all in the timing. If you bought that joke up in a few years
    >>>from now it'd probably be funny but since you bought it up while the
    >>>disaster is still fresh and bodies are still being pulled out, it's
    >>>just poor timing.
    >>

    >>Didn't take long for people to start with the NASA jokes after that disaster
    >

    > They weren't still counting the dead.

    On the contrary, after the Challenger disaster, while people were still
    holding out hope that the cabin may have fallen in a single piece and
    some or all of the astronauts might still have been alive and
    recoverable, I heard the following:

    Why do the vending machines at NASA all sell Sprite?

    Because they couldn't get Seven Up.

    I thought it was in very poor taste, and I still don't think its all
    that funny, but it -was- before they'd finished counting the dead.

    Black humor is part of some people's coping mechanism, and then again,
    other people are simply insensitive clods. Either way, some people
    -will- make this kind of joke, and there will always be some other
    people who think its too soon.

TV Games Video Games