leon_the_pro

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
i overclocked my p3 800mhz slot 1 to 840mhz without any prob. but if i increase it 2 900mhz it hanges on loging in to windows. is there any way to make it 900mhz or 840mhz is the max i can overclock. its now 6.0*140mhz = 840mhz

i have the following components:
asus p3v133
p3 800mhz slot1 processor
512 spectek pc133 ram
segate hhd 80gb 7200rpm
sony dvd
acer cdrw

please help

svol

Champion
There could be two things causing this:
1. RAM can't handle 150MHz FSB... try increasing the RAM voltage a little.
2. CPU needs more power to run at that speed: increase the CPU voltage a little bit.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You have an 800EB. I doubt your board can help you further. But if you can set the memory ratio lower (say, sys/ram of 4:3), you should be able to get that CPU higher. I recommend 1.80v.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

leon_the_pro

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2002
hi, i was able to overclock it 900mhz :).but i didn't increase the ram or cpu voltage ,is it ok ? becoz i didn't find in my bios a place for increasing it .. u can just view it the voltage of cpu etc. but there is a dram config its kept on spd i guess i changed it to 143mhz but my pc won't logon to windows ,so i changed to default spd. is it ok if everything stays as it is i mean the ram and cpu voltage ?? the pc is working fine from the time i oveclocked 5 hrs ago .it made good result in the benchmarks i made using performance test 2002 . it have a 40 points increase after overclocking...
thanx anyway guys

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
the pc is working fine from the time i oveclocked 5 hrs ago

if everything's working fine then you're good

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>