Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Patch Message 9/7/05

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:59:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Not just a ton of stuff.

Crash
===========================

EverQuest - Live Update - 09/07/05
----------------------------------


*** Headlines ***
--------------------------
Eyes on Nektulos - From the saddle of her unholy steed, Lanys T`Vyl, the
child of Innoruuk, surveyed the trolls' as they marched with all of their
belongings and wares from Neriak, the dark elf city they called home for a
time, to the city of Grobb in the Innothule Swamp. The frogloks had finally
lost their foothold in Grobb and now the smelling, foul race of trolls had
their home back.

She kicked her steed into motion and made haste through Nektulos Forest
making a cursory survey of the lands and then turned to Neriak where dark
fates would soon unfurl by her ebony hand.



*** Spells ***
------------------------------------------------
- Increased the duration on Divine Avatar.
- Reduced the casting time on several swarm pet AAs.
- Modified Intensity of the Resolute so it won't be overwritten by other,
lesser abilities.
- Using Cyclone Blade or Whirlwind Blade will no longer cause AE Taunt to be
used up as well.
- Telekara is now slightly harder to resist, giving it an equal resist
chance to other spells in the same line.
- Nature's Blight and Season's Fury now have 200 spell casting range.
- Rhythmic Reflexes and Superior Rhythmic Reflexes had their double attack
values switched. This has now been corrected.
- Nature's Blight and Season's Fury will now not focus level 1 spells,
including the Shadowknight ability Harmtouch.



*** Items ***
------------------------------------------------
- The dark side of the froglok's can now wear the armor their culture made.
- Modified the stats of numerous pieces of the cultural armor and the
corresponding symbols.
- After much chafing, and a few cracked ribs, the froglok have decided that
gnome cultural armor is no longer wearable.
- Blessed Reviver's Charm should now calculate its stats correctly if a
non-wis caster is added to the group or raid.
- All spell scrolls should now be stackable. Please note that if you try to
scribe more than one spell scroll at one time by using a stack of spell
scrolls, that you will receive an error message. You must use only one spell
scroll to scribe a spell.
- Ancient Mist Root Stone, Refracted Dusk Amethyst, Ancient Life Root Stone,
and Refracted Dawn Amethyst are now usable in the hands and wrist slots.



-- The EverQuest Team

More about : patch message

Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:59:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Crash86 wrote:
> Not just a ton of stuff.

Well, one doesn't expect much in (probably) the last patch before
expansion release?

> Lanys T`Vyl
....
> her ebony hand.

What happened to Lanys' hand to turn it from a nice healthy blue (the
colour dark elves are) to black (the colour of ebony) ?

> *** Spells ***
> ------------------------------------------------
> - Increased the duration on Divine Avatar.

The cleric AA that many consider 'worst AA ever [after Turn Undead]' ?

> - Nature's Blight and Season's Fury will now not focus level 1 spells,
> including the Shadowknight ability Harmtouch.

This just seems petty. It's OK for wizard's biggest nukes to get these
focuses, but not SKs' once-an-hour special move ?

> - All spell scrolls should now be stackable.

Good news for spell researchers and bazaar spell traders, I suppose.
Although I would have thought all the cool kids would be trading
Muramite Runes rather than spells these days. I guess PoP spells are
still traded a fair deal?

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 8:35:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

"Larry Lard" <larrylard@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1126108037.898243.42570
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

>
> Crash86 wrote:
>
>> - All spell scrolls should now be stackable.
>
> Good news for spell researchers and bazaar spell traders, I suppose.
> Although I would have thought all the cool kids would be trading
> Muramite Runes rather than spells these days. I guess PoP spells are
> still traded a fair deal?
>

Probably more for tradeskillers that need to use a couple of the spells for
some combines for skillups, or those creating spells. Will be nice for the
guild bank though where we have several copies of some spells.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:00:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:59:29 -0500, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com>
wrote:

>- All spell scrolls should now be stackable. Please note that if you try to
>scribe more than one spell scroll at one time by using a stack of spell
>scrolls, that you will receive an error message. You must use only one spell
>scroll to scribe a spell.

Great, that'll free up my spell mule. After maybe 250 hours in PoJ
basement I have like a thousand spells while trying to claim that
certain level 61 or 62 spells. My guild loves me anyway for free
spells for their 61/62 toons. :) 
--
When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:10:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:59:29 -0500, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com>
wrote:

>Not just a ton of stuff.
>
>Crash
>===========================
>
>EverQuest - Live Update - 09/07/05
>----------------------------------
>
>
>*** Headlines ***
>--------------------------
>Eyes on Nektulos - From the saddle of her unholy steed, Lanys T`Vyl, the
>child of Innoruuk, surveyed the trolls' as they marched with all of their
>belongings and wares from Neriak, the dark elf city they called home for a
>time, to the city of Grobb in the Innothule Swamp. The frogloks had finally
>lost their foothold in Grobb and now the smelling, foul race of trolls had
>their home back.
>
>She kicked her steed into motion and made haste through Nektulos Forest
>making a cursory survey of the lands and then turned to Neriak where dark
>fates would soon unfurl by her ebony hand.
>
>
>
>*** Spells ***
>------------------------------------------------
>- Increased the duration on Divine Avatar.
>- Reduced the casting time on several swarm pet AAs.
>- Modified Intensity of the Resolute so it won't be overwritten by other,
>lesser abilities.
>- Using Cyclone Blade or Whirlwind Blade will no longer cause AE Taunt to be
>used up as well.
>- Telekara is now slightly harder to resist, giving it an equal resist
>chance to other spells in the same line.
>- Nature's Blight and Season's Fury now have 200 spell casting range.
>- Rhythmic Reflexes and Superior Rhythmic Reflexes had their double attack
>values switched. This has now been corrected.
>- Nature's Blight and Season's Fury will now not focus level 1 spells,
>including the Shadowknight ability Harmtouch.
>
>
>
>*** Items ***
>------------------------------------------------
>- The dark side of the froglok's can now wear the armor their culture made.
>- Modified the stats of numerous pieces of the cultural armor and the
>corresponding symbols.
>- After much chafing, and a few cracked ribs, the froglok have decided that
>gnome cultural armor is no longer wearable.
>- Blessed Reviver's Charm should now calculate its stats correctly if a
>non-wis caster is added to the group or raid.
>- All spell scrolls should now be stackable. Please note that if you try to
>scribe more than one spell scroll at one time by using a stack of spell
>scrolls, that you will receive an error message. You must use only one spell
>scroll to scribe a spell.
>- Ancient Mist Root Stone, Refracted Dusk Amethyst, Ancient Life Root Stone,
>and Refracted Dawn Amethyst are now usable in the hands and wrist slots.
>
>
>
>-- The EverQuest Team
>

These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed Reviver's
Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
background.

*sigh*

Meldur
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:10:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
news:1g0uh1hflrjpqn34mmrnp3oamhia9v3nt2@4ax.com:

> On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:59:29 -0500, "Crash86" <crash86@shotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Not just a ton of stuff.
>>
<snip patch description>
>>
>
> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed Reviver's
> Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
> background.

Lol, I have to admit, that all but a couple of the things mentions were
totally meaningless to me. Faster cast on some swarm pets might affect me
marginally, that sounded like about it for me.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:10:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

<Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed Reviver's
> Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
> background.
>
> *sigh*
>
> Meldur

There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you dislike the
default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you have the ability to
change them. It doesn't even take anything fancy. I use notepad. =P
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:19:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:

><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed Reviver's
>> Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>> background.
>>
>> *sigh*
>>
>> Meldur
>
>There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you dislike the
>default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you have the ability to
>change them. It doesn't even take anything fancy. I use notepad. =P

You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.

Meldur
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:24:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Crash86 wrote:
> Not just a ton of stuff.
>
> Crash
> ===========================
>
> EverQuest - Live Update - 09/07/05
> ----------------------------------
[snip]
> -- The EverQuest Team

Undocumented feature: Veteran Rewards are screwed up.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 2:22:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 8 Sep 2005 05:24:22 -0700, "Larry Lard" <larrylard@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Undocumented feature: Veteran Rewards are screwed up.

That is like undocumented feature #3,095 of which most are still in
the game.
--
When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:42:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

<Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>
> ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
> >> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
> >> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed Reviver's
> >> Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
> >> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
> >> background.
> >>
> >> *sigh*
> >>
> >> Meldur
> >
> >There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you dislike the
> >default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you have the ability to
> >change them. It doesn't even take anything fancy. I use notepad. =P
>
> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.

That's the neat thing about "xml" (inspired by, but not really anything like
html). It has *zero* predetermined structure. You don't have to know a
single thing, you just have to be able to read, cut and paste, and
understand X/Y values.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 6:38:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in news:D 8i0i1dhfvv1hi71tv2gqgvr0t5eso62qc@
4ax.com:

> On 8 Sep 2005 05:24:22 -0700, "Larry Lard" <larrylard@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Undocumented feature: Veteran Rewards are screwed up.
>
> That is like undocumented feature #3,095 of which most are still in
> the game.

Hmm, just claimed them on another character yesterday, didn't see any
issues.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:03:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

In alt.games.everquest, "Larry Lard" <larrylard@hotmail.com> wrote:

>
>Crash86 wrote:
>> Not just a ton of stuff.
>>
>> Crash
>> ===========================
>>
>> EverQuest - Live Update - 09/07/05
>> ----------------------------------
>[snip]
>> -- The EverQuest Team

>Undocumented feature: Veteran Rewards are screwed up.

Now fixed, do a full file check and re-login.

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Guy Gavriel Kay
To be drunk is to feel sophisticated but not be able to say it.
Meet the wife : http://www.darkstorm.co.uk/grete
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:43:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in
news:slrndi11gi.766.faned@wyld.qx.net:

> <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>>
>> ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>> >> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>> >> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>> >> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>> >> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>> >> background.
>> >>
>> >> *sigh*
>> >>
>> >> Meldur
>> >
>> >There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you
>> >dislike the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you
>> >have the ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything
>> >fancy. I use notepad. =P
>>
>> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
>> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
>> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>
> That's the neat thing about "xml" (inspired by, but not really
> anything like html). It has *zero* predetermined structure. You
> don't have to know a single thing, you just have to be able to read,
> cut and paste, and understand X/Y values.
>

Aren't they both simplified versions of SGML? Or am I misremembering?

--
Arch Convoker Mairelon Snapbang
Feral Lord Bosra Snowclaw
Lanys T'vyl (Retired)

Mairelon, 45th Paladin
Silverhand
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 9:43:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On the calendar, in the box marked 9/8/2005 3:43 PM ^ Sean Kennedy
scratched:

> Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote in
> news:slrndi11gi.766.faned@wyld.qx.net:
>
>> <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> ><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>> >> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>>> >> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>>> >> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>>> >> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>>> >> background.
>>> >>
>>> >> *sigh*
>>> >>
>>> >> Meldur
>>> >
>>> >There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you
>>> >dislike the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you
>>> >have the ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything
>>> >fancy. I use notepad. =P
>>>
>>> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
>>> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
>>> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>>
>> That's the neat thing about "xml" (inspired by, but not really
>> anything like html). It has *zero* predetermined structure. You
>> don't have to know a single thing, you just have to be able to read,
>> cut and paste, and understand X/Y values.
>>
>
> Aren't they both simplified versions of SGML? Or am I misremembering?
>

XML is a subset of SGML. HTML is an SGML application.

Justin H.
--
"[...]and God wants to be a DJ.
I just want to be a drummer."
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 1:37:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
news:ln0vh1p666u2ukr9c3qs9ijtdcq7e5gu7t@4ax.com:

> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>
>><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>>> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>>> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>>> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>>> background.
>>
>>There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you dislike
>>the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you have the
>>ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything fancy. I use
>>notepad. =P
>
> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>

I have never yet editted the UI files, and have zero problems playing the
game and using the maps, so I guess I just don't understand what your
problem actually is...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 4:16:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 8 Sep 2005 21:37:05 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>news:ln0vh1p666u2ukr9c3qs9ijtdcq7e5gu7t@4ax.com:
>
>> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>>
>>><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>>>> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>>>> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>>>> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>>>> background.
>>>
>>>There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you dislike
>>>the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you have the
>>>ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything fancy. I use
>>>notepad. =P
>>
>> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
>> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
>> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>>
>
>I have never yet editted the UI files, and have zero problems playing the
>game and using the maps, so I guess I just don't understand what your
>problem actually is...

Right click on the map window,click background/texture.The background
of the edge of the window changes,not the map background itself,it
stays light brown without any possibility to change this.
In a lot of zones this makes the maps almost unreadable,because the
lines are drawn in a bright colour,which contrasts hardly perceptible
from the light brown background.
Of course its not a game stopping bug,but pretty annoying.

Meldur
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 6:10:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
news:p jn2i1da9t6tt48chd92v9jce092ttk2e3@4ax.com:

> On 8 Sep 2005 21:37:05 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>>news:ln0vh1p666u2ukr9c3qs9ijtdcq7e5gu7t@4ax.com:
>>
>>> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>>> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>>>>> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>>>>> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>>>>> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>>>>> background.
>>>>
>>>>There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you
>>>>dislike the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you
>>>>have the ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything
>>>>fancy. I use notepad. =P
>>>
>>> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
>>> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
>>> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>>>
>>
>>I have never yet editted the UI files, and have zero problems playing
>>the game and using the maps, so I guess I just don't understand what
>>your problem actually is...
>
> Right click on the map window,click background/texture.The background
> of the edge of the window changes,not the map background itself,it
> stays light brown without any possibility to change this.
> In a lot of zones this makes the maps almost unreadable,because the
> lines are drawn in a bright colour,which contrasts hardly perceptible
> from the light brown background.
> Of course its not a game stopping bug,but pretty annoying.
>

Now, set the fade level of the map to 10% or so, and watch the bright
lines jump out when you move the mouse off your map. Seriously, I have
never once even tried to change the background texture of my map window.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 1:27:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

In alt.games.everquest, Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

>Right click on the map window,click background/texture.The background
>of the edge of the window changes,not the map background itself,it
>stays light brown without any possibility to change this.
>In a lot of zones this makes the maps almost unreadable,because the
>lines are drawn in a bright colour,which contrasts hardly perceptible
>from the light brown background.

Sony produced in-game maps or fan produced in-game maps?

--
Tony Evans (ICQ : 170850)
Recommended Author : Guy Gavriel Kay
Never feed your cat anything that clashes with the carpet!
Gemmell Mania : http://www.gemmellmania.co.uk
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 3:18:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

On 9 Sep 2005 14:10:51 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>news:p jn2i1da9t6tt48chd92v9jce092ttk2e3@4ax.com:
>
>> On 8 Sep 2005 21:37:05 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>>>news:ln0vh1p666u2ukr9c3qs9ijtdcq7e5gu7t@4ax.com:
>>>
>>>> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>>>> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>>>>>> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>>>>>> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>>>>>> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>>>>>> background.
>>>>>
>>>>>There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you
>>>>>dislike the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI, you
>>>>>have the ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything
>>>>>fancy. I use notepad. =P
>>>>
>>>> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
>>>> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
>>>> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>>>>
>>>
>>>I have never yet editted the UI files, and have zero problems playing
>>>the game and using the maps, so I guess I just don't understand what
>>>your problem actually is...
>>
>> Right click on the map window,click background/texture.The background
>> of the edge of the window changes,not the map background itself,it
>> stays light brown without any possibility to change this.
>> In a lot of zones this makes the maps almost unreadable,because the
>> lines are drawn in a bright colour,which contrasts hardly perceptible
>> from the light brown background.
>> Of course its not a game stopping bug,but pretty annoying.
>>
>
>Now, set the fade level of the map to 10% or so, and watch the bright
>lines jump out when you move the mouse off your map. Seriously, I have
>never once even tried to change the background texture of my map window.

I know.
All I want is they should make it as it was when the ingame maps went
in.I think this isnt demanded too much.

Meldur
Anonymous
September 10, 2005 3:18:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
news:rsu3i193j9a52ei148i99uag9gukruaj3v@4ax.com:

> On 9 Sep 2005 14:10:51 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>>news:p jn2i1da9t6tt48chd92v9jce092ttk2e3@4ax.com:
>>
>>> On 8 Sep 2005 21:37:05 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>>>>news:ln0vh1p666u2ukr9c3qs9ijtdcq7e5gu7t@4ax.com:
>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:29:01 -0500, Faned <faned@wyld.qx.net>
wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>><Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>>>>> These are all most necessary fixes,and I am sure all will be very
>>>>>>> grateful,how could one play the game before with a "Blessed
>>>>>>> Reviver's Charm calculating its stats not correctly" for example.
>>>>>>> I am sure they just forgot to mention that they fixed the map
>>>>>>> background.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>There's nothing wrong with the map background to fix. If you
>>>>>>dislike the default, as I dislike *all* parts of the default UI,
you
>>>>>>have the ability to change them. It doesn't even take anything
>>>>>>fancy. I use notepad. =P
>>>>>
>>>>> You know,my programming abilities are somewhat rusty,last I did was
>>>>> a synthesizer editor on an Atari ST,I would like to play the game
>>>>> without the need to learn html or whatever fancy language is used.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>I have never yet editted the UI files, and have zero problems playing
>>>>the game and using the maps, so I guess I just don't understand what
>>>>your problem actually is...
>>>
>>> Right click on the map window,click background/texture.The background
>>> of the edge of the window changes,not the map background itself,it
>>> stays light brown without any possibility to change this.
>>> In a lot of zones this makes the maps almost unreadable,because the
>>> lines are drawn in a bright colour,which contrasts hardly perceptible
>>> from the light brown background.
>>> Of course its not a game stopping bug,but pretty annoying.
>>>
>>
>>Now, set the fade level of the map to 10% or so, and watch the bright
>>lines jump out when you move the mouse off your map. Seriously, I have
>>never once even tried to change the background texture of my map
window.
>
> I know.
> All I want is they should make it as it was when the ingame maps went
> in.I think this isnt demanded too much.
>

They have much more serious issues in the game to worry about, and
frankly I'd rather they did worry about the more serious issues first.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>
Ancient Graeme Faelban, Barbarian Soothsayer of 70 seasons
!