Two Newbie Questions, Please

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 16, 2005 2:50:27 PM

Hello:

New cel phone user.

Just got a Samsung a650.
Wow. And I thought my PC was complicated !

Have 2 questions, please.

a. Have entered a slew of numbers into my phone book, and all seems
to work fine.

But I would like to use the one number, speed-dialing feature, which
I hadn't quite appreciated before I entered all my phone numbers.

If I now have in location, e.g., "8" a phone number I would like to speed
dial
by pressing "1", is there any way to do this, without having to re-arrange,
or re-do, my entire phone book listing order ? How ?

b. Regarding my password to retrieve any voice mail messages.
It was automatically assigned by Verizon when I set up the voice mail.

Is there any way for me to change it to something I can more easily
remember ?

Or, is there any way to have it entered in the phone permanently so I
don't have to enter it each time I retrieve messages ? (am not too worried
about it falling into "wrong" hands if I should lose the phone)

Thanks,
Bob

More about : newbie questions

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 16, 2005 2:50:28 PM

Your password can be changed. All you have to do is go to your voice
mail, and listen to the options.

As for speed dialing. Just because you have a certain number in your
phonebook, doesn't mean that's the speed dial number.

You can assign the speed-dial number when you put a new contact into
your phonebook, or you can go back in to your contacts and edit the
number and at that time assign it to whatever speed-dial number you'd
like.

--
bossdragon
May 12, 2010 5:00:59 PM

okay to change you vm password just go into the vm and use the temp password( the last four numbers of your phone) and listent to the promts you want administrative options and it is pretty self explanitory but incase you cant get it verizon, att, sprint, all carriers have a device tutorial on their webpage you might not be able to get the VM grid on your devices tutorial but all phones have the same voicemail set up so find one that will show you how to get throught the entire thing
!