Col232

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2002
Hello. There follows a discription of my current system.The motherboard is a ECS elite sis735 ska 266 atx mainboard with 256meg sdram pc 133 (single dimm) 56k pci modem
onboard sound g-force 2 mx200 32 meg agp graphics with dvd and seperate cdrom 30 gig hard drive in midi tower case with 300 watt psu.
The problem I am having is that the processor clocks at 1055mhz all the time and the fsb wont stay at 133/266mhz it keeps dropping down to 100/200mhz fsb. I have bin in the bios set it at 133/266 exit and save all is fine till I turn off my machine or re-boot then CPU dropps down to 1055mhz on bios screen when doing memory test. Does any one no y?
Second problem.
I set a password on bios so only I can get in I set it and save and exit but when I entry the bios it doesnt ask for the password it just lets me in?
Third and the last promise when typing the key board locks on capitals and wont go back to lower case unless u restart the machine could this be linked with the other problems?
I have heardthat these boards had a bad batch with a lot of faults could this b one of that batch?
Any help would be much appreciated as I dont want to take it back if its something that can be easily fixed.
Cheers in advance for any pointers and help.

svol

Champion
I would try a BIOS update to the latest version... maybe yours is a very early one and gots a bug in it.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Hmmm. Is their a jumper on the motherboard that allows you to fix the bus speed to 133?

The cauze of the "failure to remember your settings" could be that the bios battery has failed, you could try replacing that.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

RMM

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003
I think that you should change the battery of the mother, I dont know, but you should try

Bye, good luck

Col232

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2002
Cheers for everyones comments.
2 points I have never done a bios update where wud I find the l8test bios and how do I install it?
Second can I just walk into a normal diy shop and get a battery if thats the problem.