directions to reformat my Compaq Armada 7800 laptop

I need to find directions on reformatting my Armada 7800 laptop... I
bought it on Ebay, and they stated that they had the restore disks
but they did not... they did send me the drivers.. i just am
unfamiliar on how to reformat it without the restore CD's...
thanks for your help! I have a conference to go to for work this week
and i really need to get this thing running right.

thanks!
Sue
2 answers Last reply
More about directions reformat compaq armada 7800 laptop

    "DunbarPPL" <dunbarppl@earthlink-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:2d9ef$4248a7f0$455da0d2$9442@allthenewsgroups.com...
    >I need to find directions on reformatting my Armada 7800 laptop...
    > bought it on Ebay, and they stated that they had the restore disks
    > but they did not... they did send me the drivers.. i just am
    > unfamiliar on how to reformat it without the restore CD's...
    > thanks for your help! I have a conference to go to for work this
    > week
    > and i really need to get this thing running right.
    >
    > thanks!
    > Sue

    A format will give you a blank hard drive. I do not see how that
    will help you at your conference. I am reluctant to give those
    instructions to someone who does not understand the consequences of
    her action. You need to have an operating system to put on the
    laptop as well as installation disks for the applications you want
    to install. You did not say what operating system is currently on
    the laptop nor what operating system you intend to replace it with.

    Give more details and a reason why you want to format a working
    computer when you do not have a way to get it working again.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    Got a set of restore disks here in melbourne but will only be of use if
    youre wanting to install win 95 the compaq website has all the drivers
    needed to support later operating systems, as for partitioning fdisk on the
    win 95-98-me startup disk works fine
    "Earl F. Parrish" <efparri@nowhere.world> wrote in message

    > "DunbarPPL" <dunbarppl@earthlink-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    > message news:2d9ef$4248a7f0$455da0d2$9442@allthenewsgroups.com...
    > >I need to find directions on reformatting my Armada 7800 laptop...
    > > bought it on Ebay, and they stated that they had the restore disks
    > > but they did not... they did send me the drivers.. i just am
    > > unfamiliar on how to reformat it without the restore CD's...
    > > thanks for your help! I have a conference to go to for work this
    > > week
    > > and i really need to get this thing running right.
    > >
    > > thanks!
    > > Sue
    > >
    > A format will give you a blank hard drive. I do not see how that
    > will help you at your conference. I am reluctant to give those
    > instructions to someone who does not understand the consequences of
    > her action. You need to have an operating system to put on the
    > laptop as well as installation disks for the applications you want
    > to install. You did not say what operating system is currently on
    > the laptop nor what operating system you intend to replace it with.
    >
    > Give more details and a reason why you want to format a working
    > computer when you do not have a way to get it working again.
    >

    > --
    > Earl F. Parrish

Compaq Laptops Computers