Router -internet access question

Hi

I have a client server network with 6 of 10 clients blocked from the
internet using my linksys router to filter them off the internet thus
denying access. Now I want to install MS Sus that requires port 80 to do the
updating across the network. How can I achieve this on the linksys and still
block the internet access. Any ideas appreciated
thanks
PC_Tech_Sandie

Sandie C wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a client server network with 6 of 10 clients blocked from the
>internet using my linksys router to filter them off the internet thus
>denying access. Now I want to install MS Sus that requires port 80 to do the
>updating across the network. How can I achieve this on the linksys and still
>block the internet access. Any ideas appreciated
>thanks
>PC_Tech_Sandie

Simple. Your "router" has no control over your internal network,
therefore setup SUSserver on one of the machines that has Internet
access, and then let the rest update from it.
For more information, go to http://www.susserver.com

"Sandie C" <sandie_nospam_c@stny.rr.com> wrote in

> Hi
>
> I have a client server network with 6 of 10 clients blocked from the
> internet using my linksys router to filter them off the internet thus
> denying access. Now I want to install MS Sus that requires port 80 to
> do the updating across the network. How can I achieve this on the
> linksys and still block the internet access. Any ideas appreciated
> thanks
> PC_Tech_Sandie

That's a tough task and I wouldn't even attempt it. You should disable
the MAC filter for the computer and allow it to do the update and enable
the MAC filter when done, IMHO.

Duane :)