Compaq Presario 3017cl battery charging problem

My notebook is Compaq Presario 3017cl. I have a battery charging
problem. It appeared a few months ago. My laptop couldn't run on
battery power, even if it was indicating a 100% charge level. I mean
it would boot and run on DC for about a few minutes, and then turned
off.

It was driving me crazy, so I put that battery away and used only AC
power. And now, after about 6 months, I was trying to put that
battery back and recharge it, because it was 0%. It didn't want to
charge (there was 0% all the time), so I kept charging it for the
whole night. But it didn't work (the orange 'charging' LED was on
indicating charging, but there was 0% all the time).

It doesn't depens what OS I run. This problem remains also in linux
(tested on Fedora).

Any clue what the problem (and the solution) could be? Thanks in
advance.

(sorry for my English - it's not my native language)
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 3017cl battery charging problem

    In news:702c3$4248a7f0$455da0d2$9442@allthenewsgroups.com,
    delinek <delinek@poczta.onet-dot-pl.no-spam.invalid> opined very noisily:
    > My notebook is Compaq Presario 3017cl. I have a battery charging
    > problem. It appeared a few months ago. My laptop couldn't run on
    > battery power, even if it was indicating a 100% charge level. I mean
    > it would boot and run on DC for about a few minutes, and then turned
    > off.
    >
    > It was driving me crazy, so I put that battery away and used only AC
    > power. And now, after about 6 months, I was trying to put that
    > battery back and recharge it, because it was 0%. It didn't want to
    > charge (there was 0% all the time), so I kept charging it for the
    > whole night. But it didn't work (the orange 'charging' LED was on
    > indicating charging, but there was 0% all the time).
    >
    > It doesn't depens what OS I run. This problem remains also in linux
    > (tested on Fedora).
    >
    > Any clue what the problem (and the solution) could be? Thanks in
    > advance.
    >
    > (sorry for my English - it's not my native language)

    The battery is U/S buy a new one
    They have a life of about 2 - 3 years
    --

    Yddap