Compaq Presario 3017cl battery charging problem

Tags:
  • Compaq
  • Battery
  • Presario
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
March 29, 2005 4:57:20 AM

My notebook is Compaq Presario 3017cl. I have a battery charging
problem. It appeared a few months ago. My laptop couldn't run on
battery power, even if it was indicating a 100% charge level. I mean
it would boot and run on DC for about a few minutes, and then turned
off.

It was driving me crazy, so I put that battery away and used only AC
power. And now, after about 6 months, I was trying to put that
battery back and recharge it, because it was 0%. It didn't want to
charge (there was 0% all the time), so I kept charging it for the
whole night. But it didn't work (the orange 'charging' LED was on
indicating charging, but there was 0% all the time).

It doesn't depens what OS I run. This problem remains also in linux
(tested on Fedora).

Any clue what the problem (and the solution) could be? Thanks in
advance.

(sorry for my English - it's not my native language)

More about : compaq presario 3017cl battery charging problem

Anonymous
March 29, 2005 5:16:12 AM

In news:702c3$4248a7f0$455da0d2$9442@allthenewsgroups.com,
delinek <delinek@poczta.onet-dot-pl.no-spam.invalid> opined very noisily:
> My notebook is Compaq Presario 3017cl. I have a battery charging
> problem. It appeared a few months ago. My laptop couldn't run on
> battery power, even if it was indicating a 100% charge level. I mean
> it would boot and run on DC for about a few minutes, and then turned
> off.
>
> It was driving me crazy, so I put that battery away and used only AC
> power. And now, after about 6 months, I was trying to put that
> battery back and recharge it, because it was 0%. It didn't want to
> charge (there was 0% all the time), so I kept charging it for the
> whole night. But it didn't work (the orange 'charging' LED was on
> indicating charging, but there was 0% all the time).
>
> It doesn't depens what OS I run. This problem remains also in linux
> (tested on Fedora).
>
> Any clue what the problem (and the solution) could be? Thanks in
> advance.
>
> (sorry for my English - it's not my native language)

The battery is U/S buy a new one
They have a life of about 2 - 3 years
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

hi...
my self jitesh kumar ojha. i read your problem.so u've a compaq notebook.recently i'll buy a compaq notebook.quite nervous to read your problem.whai i'll do?Am i buy anather brand of notebook ?
please send me the informatoin on my email id[jiteshkumarojha@gmail.com]
Jitesh kumar ojha.
!