Sign in with
Your question

Bad FPS for like 10 months....please enter!

Last response: in Video Games
October 22, 2012 9:24:17 AM

hi
first of all im sorry about my english.

the problem is that i have bad FPS more like an year and i dont have any idea what is the problem....

first of all i upgraded my PC to:

Phenom II x4 955 BE 125W
Asus M5A78L LE
4G ram ddr3 1333mhz G.Skill
HDD 500G 7200RPM
HD6850

and from this day i suffer from FPS lag/choppy gameplay (the FPS feels really lower then what it shows...for example its show 30FPS but it feels like 19-20FPS)

i updated the bios,did fresh install of windows and update it
download the newest drivers
memtest95 my RAM
OCCT my CPU

and nothing help to solve the problem....

so then ppl told me maybe its because that i have only 4G ram so i got another 4G ram and its not fix the problem....

then i upgraded the next parts:

from HD6850 to HD7850 2G
from Phenom II x4 955 to Phenom II x6 1100T
from Mobo Asus M5A78L LE to GA990XA-UD3
from 550W antec to Seasonic 620W PSU

and guess what? the problem still here!
i cant enjoy any game because that choppy gameplay....
when i dont move the camera its kinda ok but when i move it feels choppy/laggy/stuttering/the FPS feels way lower then what it shows

please help me guys and again sorry for my english
help a good gamer guy return to play with fun

More about : bad fps months enter

October 22, 2012 1:16:49 PM

Did you try reinstalling windows?
October 22, 2012 1:33:25 PM

Which games are you playing and at what resolution?

I have an aging 4G RAM / Phenom II x4 955 / GTX280 setup at home that I'm being very lazy about upgrading because it plays all my games very well at 1920x1200
Related resources
October 22, 2012 2:25:24 PM

Well your original PC was fine for a start!

The fact that its doing it on the second pc suggests something on the install.

What Anti Virus are you running?

Also have you downloaded the futurmark demo to see if you PC gets similar scores to others with ther same hardware? Should give you a ball park figure.

Hope this helps
October 22, 2012 2:34:28 PM

First of all what game and resolution at what settings?

Secondly, even though you've changed hardware you didn't mention changing the monitor, so what are you using?
October 22, 2012 5:58:14 PM

do my CPU sucks guys? i feel so bad that i got Phenom II i dont know why....i allways was with Intel....

i'm playing Guildwars 2,Battlefield 3 multiplayer,skyrim and all those games
in guildwars 2 in huge battle i get like 12-15fps and its hard to play like that....and when i move the mouse (camera) its really bad and choppy....

in battlefield 3 30FPS feels like 15-20FPS and when i move the camera its stutter or i dont know what
i though its my mouse but its not =\
October 23, 2012 8:37:40 AM

Still need to know the resolution of your screen so we can properly diagnose, but I'd suggest that as long as you aren't being silly on display settings, your hardware is good enough. I'm not sure that moving from 4 to 6 cores has much of an affect on games yet?

Need some more information:

Have you monitored temps of your CPU & GPU whilst gaming?
What case do you run your gear in?
Which version of windows (I presume 7)?
What other apps do you normally run in the background?
Number of monitors & their resolution(s)?
Preferred AA settings?

Without more information it's very hard to diagnose, but I'm initially guessing a heat issue as you say you have already re-installed Windows (unless it's some dodgy hacked-to-hell pirate version!)
October 23, 2012 11:32:44 AM

kyzarvs said:
Still need to know the resolution of your screen so we can properly diagnose, but I'd suggest that as long as you aren't being silly on display settings, your hardware is good enough. I'm not sure that moving from 4 to 6 cores has much of an affect on games yet?

Need some more information:

Have you monitored temps of your CPU & GPU whilst gaming?
What case do you run your gear in?
Which version of windows (I presume 7)?
What other apps do you normally run in the background?
Number of monitors & their resolution(s)?
Preferred AA settings?

Without more information it's very hard to diagnose, but I'm initially guessing a heat issue as you say you have already re-installed Windows (unless it's some dodgy hacked-to-hell pirate version!)

1. i did stess test to my CPU and my GPU and the temps are fine (highest CPU temp is 58 and GPU 60-62)
2. i have mid tower case with 140MM fane at the front,120MM fan at the back
3. im using windows 7 ultimate edition 64bit up to date
4. im not running any apps in the background but antivirus (i tried some other AV but its the same)
5. 1 montior 22 inch 1920x1080
6. i dont care if AA will be off i dont like it anyway
October 23, 2012 4:04:27 PM

To OP - you replaced every part of your system exept for the HDD yet the problem persists, maybe it is faulty .
October 25, 2012 12:02:32 AM

every part in my PC replaced but the RAM
its 1333mhz RAM g.skillz 2x4G RAM G.Skill
i did a test with 4G ram each stick and it was the same
i dont know what to do i feel so bad i want to cry srsly
October 25, 2012 8:49:38 AM

Maybe your system is overheating which is why it doesn't render the game above certain framerates. If it forced itself to go too high, your system would just conk out.
October 25, 2012 11:34:10 AM

run hw monitor / speedfan/realtemp and check your temps.
go into your start up with ccleaner and make sure you only have your antivirus.
cccpannel and mouse/keyboard/audio drivers running...
disable everything else.
make sure your page file is exactly 1.5 times the size of your actual ram. so 6gig if you have 4 gig or 12 gig if you have 8.
defrag your hdd regularly with a decent defragger like OandO defrag, ultimate defrag, auslogics defrag or defraggler...
genrally clean up windows...
best you partition your hdd into 2 1 150gig for the primary the rest as storage. put all your archives/movies/down loads on the storage partition and use the first for windows and installing. do not use the primary partition for storage as this will slow your pc down.
make sure your drivers are up to date and your not getting batches of errors while playing games...
by checking the event viewer in ctrl panel/admintools/events.
also check for other errors making sure theres nothing conflicting.
lastly try a lighter antivirus... i use avira(free) and malwarebytes (payed) and for the last 2 years i have had zero infections that i know of... (i download roughly 1TB per month so if i was gonna get infected it would happen very quickly if my a.v solution was pants)
(i say that i know of because no av is perfect but im pretty secure whith what i have)
make sure your monitor is refreshing at a minimum of 60hz some will default to 30 if there a tv/monitor combo running of hdmi.
lastly make sure you are running the cccpannel at its default 3d game settings and your not overriding the games own settings.

October 25, 2012 4:29:22 PM

Here are some things you can try, I fixed my Battlefield 3 stutter this way, maybe you can too.

1) Upgrade your CPU cooler (I HIGHLY recommend the Hyper 212 Plus, $30)

2) Overclock your CPU (If your temperatures idle at around 40 C or lower)
-Your CPU is 6 core, which means it generally has a lower clock than 4 cores. Most games use no more than 4 cores, which means your CPU is at a disadvantage due to the lower clocks. Don't forget to boost voltages if you need to.

3) Update your BIOS - WARNING: IF YOU DO IT WRONG, BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

4) Update your video drivers (This one is important)

5) Overclock your GPU (Although I don't think you need it)

My experience with Battlefield 3:

I use the GTX 480 self overclocked 35%, that is over enough power to run the game at maximum. Unfortunately, my game was still stuttery. Apparently, Battlefield 3 needs a CPU clock of at least 3.6 Ghz for smooth performance. After upgrading my cooler and overclocking to 4.0 Ghz, it was smooth as pie (60 fps in large battles, 90-120 fps in an average server).

Important note: When you're Overclocking your system, AMD Overdrive (the program) tends to create rubberbanding with Battlefield 3. Overclocking from BIOS fixes this problem.
October 26, 2012 7:07:48 AM

You really need to reinstall windows, it's your best options without spending any money at all.
October 26, 2012 8:19:17 AM

Sunius said:
You really need to reinstall windows, it's your best options without spending any money at all.

In his original post, predator4ever stated that he already did a clean install of Windows, so I'm not sure if doing it again will really help if it didn't the first time.
October 26, 2012 9:41:51 AM

first of all thank you guys for helping me

and i did stess test with OCCT and run some benchmarks while HWmonitor is one and the temps are good....

CPU was 56-58 at all cores
GPU was 62
HDD was 28-32
all was good....

god i dont know what else i can do =\

ohhhh and i did update to the newest drivers and never changed the defulte at CCC panel
you guys think i did a big mistake when i go with AMD CPU? im thinking about spend more cash for i5 or i7.... QQ
October 26, 2012 4:13:36 PM

No, AMD CPUs are also great for gaming. I personally run a Phenom II X4 OCed to 4.0 ghz. It runs great! Don't fall into the "Intel is the only CPU good for gaming" hole. Yes, Intels are great for performance, but AMDs also provide the juice needed for gaming.

EDIT: Try increasing your RAM to 8 GBs maybe that will work.
!