Watercooling or Peltier for a tbred?

TheItchdotnet

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
Im getting a new setup, and next month ill be purhasing the cooling for it. I want to go xtreme, since ill be overclockin quite a good deal. here's my question

Is this a good choice?
http://store.yahoo.com/ocsystem/mctherheatas.html

or
would water cooling be more efficient? Im worried that watercooling can only cool to room temp, which in the summer is a steamy 80f at idle. How far down can a peltier go? WIll i ahve alot of hastle with the above unit? Any info helps!

thx
Mark

TheItchdotnet

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2002
So you dont think that swiftec is good? Do you have any recommendations for me? Any packages that have it all together?

Thx.
Mark

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Swiftech are good, either their air coolers or water coolers. A bit Pricey though.

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

svol

Champion
Yes, Swiftech has a waterblock kit with isolation and coldplate so you can easely install a peltier... I have it but it fried my CPU because the screws where way to long and I couldn't check if the coldplate was touching my CPU because of all isolation, so watch out with it.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

TRENDING THREADS