ROFLOL... now this is a strange unlocking result

svol

Champion
Yesterday I unlocked my XP1600+... when I tested it the CPU would only run at a 7x multiplier. I then removed all the silver ink and now it only runs at 9x multiplier... LOL.
Looks like a little durt got into the L3 and L4 bridges... I'm gonne clean them tonight, will keep you informed.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nah, just run it at 200MHz FSB. 9x200=1800=XP2200+++! Can't push it that far? Well, even at 166MHz FSB, you'll get a slight speed boost to 1500Mhz~XP1800++!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

svol

Champion
I only have PC2400 RAM (hence the sig) and I don't want to stress the PCI bus to much because I have HD problems (going to replace them soon).

Today after cleaning my CPU thoroughly I'm unlocking it the long way: bridge for bridge.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Sounds like you need a factory unlocked Tbred XP1700+ :smile:

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

svol

Champion
You will buy it for me?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
noooooooooooo
the evil nasty svollie wants to stealsies away my precioussssssssssssssssssssss *gollum gollum*

<b><font color=purple>[Rik_]</font color=purple> I wonder how many people have made their own phasechange system?
<font color=blue>[LHGPooBaa]</font color=blue> I get phasechange whenever i eat a hot chillie :lol: </b>

svol

Champion
New results: aftre cleaning and unlocking it again I get the following (strange) results:
Runs perfect at the default 10.5x or lower... but when I set it to 11x it boots up with 9x and with 11.5x it boots with 9.5x. Any idea if this is caused by my mobo or a bad unlock?

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
I got similar results when i tried to unlock an 1800+ (AGOIA i think)
Changing the multiplier (up or down) i could only lower the cpu speed. bad unlock i reckon.

<font color=red> -- </font color=red><font color=blue>A bush in the hand is worth two birds at the bar</font color=blue>

svol

Champion
Yeah... now I can only move it down. At 11x it wont boot even with 1.85V VCore. Gonne redo it sometime.