Gaming wheel supporting PC games

sid11

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
i have decided to buy gaming wheels and according to my budget and gaming needs i found below two wheels in my range.
-Can any1 please help and tell diffrence between this two products and also suggest any other gaming wheels.

Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 2in1 PCPS3

&

Thrustmaster Ferrari Universal challenge 5in1
whats the diffrence in these two products?

My budget is 100$ and casual racing gaming, i am not a hardcore gamer. :hello:

mathew7

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
I also sugest raising the budget. While I don't know about the G25 price (since it's been replaced by G27), but the Driving Force GT is a good starter wheel. It's the cheapest (sold new) wheel which has optical tracking for steering. From my past experience, if you try a pontetiometer-based wheel, it will degrade in time. My surprise came when I tried a sim on Monza circuit....I just couldn't keep the car straight because of the deadzone (space in the middle of the steering where movement is ignored). It was like having a 5 degree play in a regular car steering (which would fail any legal technical checks).
As a rule of thumb, if a wheel has more than 360 degrees, it's unlikely to have potentiometers. Most current wheels are 900 degrees. Don't know about any 360-900.

absxiith

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
The Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience 2 in 1 is a better wheel out of the two.It's out of stock on Flipkart right now .You can wait for it or for other fresh stock to arrive.The G27 and G25 are way out of your budget at Inr 20299(Flipkart)and 20149(techshop.in).Another option is the Genius Speed Wheel 5(not the Pro Version) on Flipkart but as the owner of one,I don't recommend it for the simple reason that it does not have force feedback.And if you want to raise your budget and go for the Driving Force GT,you would again have to wait as it is out of stock on Flipkart.Plus for that sort of money,you can buy this-
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Nitho-Racing-Pro-Gaming-Wheel-PS3-PC-2-Vibration-6-Level-Steering-Sensitive-/180890572619?pt=IN_Video_Game_Systems&hash=item2a1deb174b
So,I think your best bet is to wait for fresh stock and buy the TM Ferrari GT 2 in 1.Hope this helps.:)

sid11

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks So much for the info :)