tv-out question!

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Hey guys, I have an extremely annoying problem with my geforce3 ti200- whenver I download any of the drivers apart from the one that came with the card, the tv-out function does not work. Unfortunately this means that if I want to play a game, I have to upgrade to the new driver, and then downgrade to the stock driver when I use the tv-out, which is quite a bit. Does anyone know of some way to modify the driver, or a tweak utility that would solve this obnoxious problem? Thankyou so much for the help!

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Well, what manufacturer of GeForce is it? It might be a bug that the company hasn't (or has - and therefore has a fix for) found. Another idea is to notify NVidia, and they might subsequently be able to help you ... otherwise all I can say is try to look around - chances are its a setting you missed.

Ahhh! It's 2003 and wait, whats this!? My computer didn't blow up! ... Well damn, there goes my new Athlon @ 333FSB and my inssurance claim... heheheh

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
I am not even sure actually, its a no name that I ordered for really cheap- everything works great on it, I have no complaints, except that the tv out just won't work with the new drivers... I don't get it.!

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
with the drivers I use the only way to get the TV out to work is to have the res and refresh at levels that the TV can handle :/ never used to do it on older drivers...
I dunno if you have tried it or not but set to 800x600 60Hz and then try TV out !

If that doesn't work have you tried something like powerstrip ?

<font color=blue>Its winter now... So how come my CPU temp is still </font color=blue><b><font color=red>55C</font color=red></b>

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Thats interesting... mine works fine with the drivers that it came with... its as soon as I use the detonators that it wont work. I'll have to try powerstrip, I have used that program before but didnt know it had a tv out on it?

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I was talking about the detonators !! The drivers it came with were the "older drivers"

Tim

<font color=blue>Its winter now... So how come my CPU temp is still </font color=blue><b><font color=red>55C</font color=red></b>

KWPLunchbox

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Codinerx, I had that exact same problem with my PNY Geforce 3 Ti-500. I kept contacting PNY customer support and they refused to admit that there was anything wrong. It really made me mad that the drivers that shipped with the card would give me TV-out but any other driver version wouldn't. I had the card for about 6 months before stumbling across Ray Adams and his bios collection. Check them out at <A HREF="http://x-bios.3dgames.ru/" target="_new">http://x-bios.3dgames.ru/</A> and upgrade to the latest Nvidia reference bios. This should make your card work properly with all drivers.

<font color=purple> You know its bad when license plate letters all look like file extensions </font color=purple>

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Sounds good, I'll give those a try. Hopefully I can get the thing to work! Thanks for the help everyone.

AOL dialup is a nightmare... and I'm living it

TRENDING THREADS