How Can You Use No. "1" For Both Voice Mail Retrieval & Al..

Hello:

New user, still.
Trying to understand all of this, a bit, before actually trying.

I understand that pressing "1" takes me to my Voice Mail.

Can I also use the number "1" for a speed dial (one touch dialing) location
?
How ?

Wouldn't they interfere with each other ?

Thank you,
Bob
5 answers Last reply
More about voice mail retrieval

    Robert11 wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > New user, still.
    > Trying to understand all of this, a bit, before actually trying.
    >
    > I understand that pressing "1" takes me to my Voice Mail.
    >
    > Can I also use the number "1" for a speed dial (one touch dialing) location
    > ?
    > How ?
    >
    > Wouldn't they interfere with each other ?

    You just answered your own question... You can't.

    Notan

    "Robert11" <rgsrose@notme.com> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > New user, still.
    > Trying to understand all of this, a bit, before actually trying.
    >
    > I understand that pressing "1" takes me to my Voice Mail.
    >
    > Can I also use the number "1" for a speed dial (one touch dialing)
    > location ?
    > How ?

    Bob, What phone do you have. I'm not sure, but some may "hardwire" key
    number 1 to call voicemail. I have an LG and have the option of using key 1
    for whatever number I wish to program. By convention, I chose to program it
    for voicemail rather than some other number.

    Harold

    Hi,

    Thanks for help.

    Have a new Samsung a650

    Bob

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:39:10 -0400, "Robert11" <rgsrose@notme.com>
    wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >New user, still.
    >Trying to understand all of this, a bit, before actually trying.
    >
    >I understand that pressing "1" takes me to my Voice Mail.
    >
    >Can I also use the number "1" for a speed dial (one touch dialing) location
    >?
    >How ?
    >
    >Wouldn't they interfere with each other ?

    You can't! 1 is for voicemail. You could I suppose reprogram the
    voicemail number to a regular speed dial number, but it's either a
    regular speed dial or voicemail. Both is just not possible.

    wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >New user, still.
    >Trying to understand all of this, a bit, before actually trying.
    >
    >I understand that pressing "1" takes me to my Voice Mail.

    Yes.

    >Can I also use the number "1" for a speed dial (one touch dialing) location

    No.

    >Wouldn't they interfere with each other ?

    Yes. But your phone may have more than 10 '1-touch' dials. By
    definition, 1 touch means hold down 1-9 & 0 to dial, but often you can
    also use say up to 99 - press 2 then hold down 1 for 21, 5 then hold
    down 3 for 53, etc.

Verizon Voice Mail Internet Service Providers