Sign in with
Your question

Best Mouse for gaming?

Last response: in Video Games
October 23, 2012 5:28:33 PM

give me a controller mouse for the world of tank because lag wen im playing

More about : mouse gaming

October 23, 2012 6:31:52 PM

I use a Razor Deathadder 3500g and play world of tanks alot. You sure its the mouse causing lag?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 23, 2012 6:56:40 PM

If your mouse is lagging when you're playing, disable acceleration if your mouse has special software associated with it, and make sure mouse smoothing options are disabled in game/in the .ini if it's unreal engine. If your mouse still feels floaty, disable VSync and make sure Triple Buffering is also disabled.
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 10:53:31 PM

Cyborg R.A.T. 5,7 or 9. 9 is wireless and 5 and 7 are wired, I have number 5. 7 mainly has adjustable thumb rest. You can program it and stuff and has 4 DPI modes, like 5,7,9. It is worth buying a good mouse I agree certainly wasn't a waste of money because they have precision buttons that are really useful.

Lol I'm still only average or poor at games.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 23, 2012 11:32:00 PM

I recently made a switch of mice, and did a lot of testing. The reality is, the MS Sidewinder x8 is my favorite layout, but at 500/s polling, it isn't quite smooth enough for a 120hz setup.

I checked out all the Razers, and none of them had the middle mouse tilt feature, which I like a lot. I tend to not use the middle button click for anything, and use the tilt to the left and right for an added programmable button, though many games I don't need it, in some I feel I do. This eliminated all Razer mice.

I tried the Logitech G400, which is very smooth, but lacks the tilted middle mouse button, and to be honest, I wasn't thrilled about the thumb button layout after using the MS Sidewinder x8.

I tried the Logitech G600, but the software is buggy, and trying to lift the mouse to readjust it's location was problematic with so many buttons, plus, it just was not optimal.

I was going to avoid the wireless G700, but as it turns out, it is the only layout, besides the MS Sidewinder x8, that I liked. However, the battery life is poor, and the charger is not nearly as nice as MS's. However, after using it, the 1000/s polling, definitely made this mouse much smoother than the MS Sidewinder x8, at least with a 120hz setup. While the charger isn't as good, it still feels perfectly fine to play while it is charging.

So, in the end, the Logitech G700 is the best mouse I could find that had a good button layout, tilting middle mouse button, and 1000/s polling.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 24, 2012 12:42:23 AM

any mouse with zero acceleration ability is worth a look. this precludes most of the razer range apart from the deathadder which is a gamers mouse through and through...
the rat series are ok but are a bit hit and miss on build quality so it will always be second tier.
the contagion and infection versions are better but cost a lot and for the money they aint as good as some cheaper mice (death adder) perfomance wise they are good but like i say the issues they have are a little off putting when you consider the price.
i had to return my mouse as it would move by itself when i clicked the right mouse button. this made it unusable for things like 3ds max. i had no issues in getting it replaced as i bought it locally but it would be a pain if you have to wait a week and then have to return it only to wait another 2 weeks for it to appear in your letterbox.
the g400 is a great mouse for the money. as is the sidewinder x5 and x8 with there vertical placement of buttons. the accuracey of the pointer it really is a good cheap mouse.
but as i say to every 1 who asks whats best. i say go test them out for yourself... not every 1 uses a mouse the same way so not every 1 likes palm mice or claw grip mice...
just cover the basics when you go to buy. make sure you can turn acceleration off completley. razer mice allow it to be turned down to zero but turned down doesnt mean its off and infact it had a negative acceleration when i set it to 0 on my lachesis.
make sure it had good prediction that isnt obtrusive you do this by picking a mouse that has over 2400dpi and at least a 500hz polling rate.
prediction is what a mouse uses to make straight lines and can stop a user from creating smooth circles if theres to much of it. like i say high dpi and poll rate reduce the effects of prediction.
lastly comfort... get a mouse thats not to heavy or light and fits your hand. theres nothing worse that struggling to hit a thumb button in the heat of battle only to hit the wrong 1 and die...
but if you follow the simples above then you will find a mouse you like.
oh and dont be fooled by sales patter. often salesmen will try and sell you the 1 product you dont need because the shop wants rid of them buy what you need not what they recommend...
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 24, 2012 12:52:45 AM

HEXiT said:
any mouse with zero acceleration ability is worth a look. this precludes most of the razer range apart from the deathadder which is a gamers mouse through and through...
the rat series are ok but are a bit hit and miss on build quality so it will always be second tier.
the contagion and infection versions are better but cost a lot and for the money they aint as good as some cheaper mice (death adder) perfomance wise they are good but like i say the issues they have are a little off putting when you consider the price.
i had to return my mouse as it would move by itself when i clicked the right mouse button. this made it unusable for things like 3ds max. i had no issues in getting it replaced as i bought it locally but it would be a pain if you have to wait a week and then have to return it only to wait another 2 weeks for it to appear in your letterbox.
the g400 is a great mouse for the money. as is the sidewinder x5 and x8 with there vertical placement of buttons. the accuracey of the pointer it really is a good cheap mouse.
but as i say to every 1 who asks whats best. i say go test them out for yourself... not every 1 uses a mouse the same way so not every 1 likes palm mice or claw grip mice...
just cover the basics when you go to buy. make sure you can turn acceleration off completley. razer mice allow it to be turned down to zero but turned down doesnt mean its off and infact it had a negative acceleration when i set it to 0 on my lachesis.
make sure it had good prediction that isnt obtrusive you do this by picking a mouse that has over 2400dpi and at least a 500hz polling rate.
prediction is what a mouse uses to make straight lines and can stop a user from creating smooth circles if theres to much of it. like i say high dpi and poll rate reduce the effects of prediction.
lastly comfort... get a mouse thats not to heavy or light and fits your hand. theres nothing worse that struggling to hit a thumb button in the heat of battle only to hit the wrong 1 and die...
but if you follow the simples above then you will find a mouse you like.
oh and dont be fooled by sales patter. often salesmen will try and sell you the 1 product you dont need because the shop wants rid of them buy what you need not what they recommend...

Can we just remove the part about 2400+ DPI (it's not quite accurate but the bit about polling is) and sticky this post?
m
l
October 24, 2012 3:09:51 PM

do any of those other mouses have a precision button right next to thumb or pinkie for easy use? I suppose for RPGs or World of tanks, unless it has a crosshair it's not much use. The Rat 5 upwards are made out of aluminium. The only quality criticism is the writing on it comes off over time with your sweat.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 24, 2012 3:15:16 PM

Nashsafc said:
do any of those other mouses have a precision button right next to thumb or pinkie for easy use? I suppose for RPGs or World of tanks, unless it has a crosshair it's not much use. The Rat 5 upwards are made out of aluminium. The only quality criticism is the writing on it comes off over time with your sweat.

The Logitech Lua scripting software has code to allow you to adjust the DPI of logitech mice, but you actually have to have their G13, a gaming keyboard, or the G600 in order to make it work. You'll likely need help to learn how to do this, but it is possible. The G600 has a key that has this feature built in as well.
m
l
October 26, 2012 6:23:32 AM

hands down, razer naga.
m
l
October 26, 2012 1:29:02 PM

Razer Deathadder, although a Logitech MX518/G500 are great mouses also.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 26, 2012 1:53:55 PM

After looking more carefully, I have noticed that you can change DPI with any Logitech mouse. You can assign a button to either change mouse profile or DPI setting, and just make sure you have only 2 profiles set, or 2 DPI settings created to cycle through, and then it'll allow for controlled DPI switching.
m
l
October 27, 2012 12:54:23 AM

I recently just bought the Feenix Nascita and it has completely changed my feelings towards mice. The feel and shape is extremely comfortable on my hand. I was using the MX 518 and the Deathadder before and this mouse is better than both and I highly recommend!! They are only purchasable on their site, link is below you might want to check it out
http://www.feenixcollection.com/nascita.html
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 27, 2012 2:55:18 AM

jasonk87 said:
I recently just bought the Feenix Nascita and it has completely changed my feelings towards mice. The feel and shape is extremely comfortable on my hand. I was using the MX 518 and the Deathadder before and this mouse is better than both and I highly recommend!! They are only purchasable on their site, link is below you might want to check it out
http://www.feenixcollection.com/nascita.html

The bad news is that it's just a rebranded Sharkoon Darkglider with a $40.00 price bump.

http://www.techpowerup.com/167940/Sharkoon-DarkGlider-G...

Is still a nice shape though.
m
l
October 28, 2012 5:27:46 PM

casualcolors said:
The bad news is that it's just a rebranded Sharkoon Darkglider with a $40.00 price bump.

http://www.techpowerup.com/167940/Sharkoon-DarkGlider-G...

Is still a nice shape though.

They actually arent the same. I purchased the sharkoon out of curiosity after purchasing the Nascita and the difference in the quality of the switches and clicks and tracking was definitely noticable. The sharkoons buttons kept getting stuck and the tracking actually stopped working after 1 week and I just ended up returning it. Even the shell has some differences. As many others who have done reviews have been saying the sharkoon shell appears to have been taken from a similar supplier but the two mice defintely dont perform the same. Something to consider when you want to go for a cheaper alternative from a manufacturer whos known for doing OEMs from china
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 28, 2012 6:23:54 PM

obsidian1261 said:
They actually arent the same. I purchased the sharkoon out of curiosity after purchasing the Nascita and the difference in the quality of the switches and clicks and tracking was definitely noticable. The sharkoons buttons kept getting stuck and the tracking actually stopped working after 1 week and I just ended up returning it. Even the shell has some differences. As many others who have done reviews have been saying the sharkoon shell appears to have been taken from a similar supplier but the two mice defintely dont perform the same. Something to consider when you want to go for a cheaper alternative from a manufacturer whos known for doing OEMs from china

Buttons getting stuck sounds like a QC issue, not a design differential. They use the same switches and shell lol.
m
l
October 28, 2012 6:42:44 PM

casualcolors said:
Buttons getting stuck sounds like a QC issue, not a design differential. They use the same switches and shell lol.

no because even the buttons that werent stuck felt COMPLETELY different to me. one was very hard and the other is softer. Im 100% sure there are different switches. and it sounded different.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 16, 2012 9:11:09 AM

obsidian1261 said:
no because even the buttons that werent stuck felt COMPLETELY different to me. one was very hard and the other is softer. Im 100% sure there are different switches. and it sounded different.

They both use the exact same model number Omron switch. They also both use the exact same Avago 9500 with the exact same firmware. They are literally the same mouse. In fact, these mice both share arbitrary labeling in the same odd spot on the right front of the mouse on the sidepanel. The Sharkoon labels this with Darkglider, and the Nascita labels it with a product revision tag. In the end, my gripe is not with the style of the mouse. It looks pretty comfortable to be honest. What is annoying is that the Nascita costs 40 dollars more for no reason other than Feenix trying to market themselves as a high end product. Sharkoon doesn't have the same market-image so their product which is exactly the same, retails for 59.99 instead. They both roll off the exact same production line in China.

It's amazing how people will just refuse under any circumstances to accept when they've just bought into marketing.
m
l
March 24, 2013 6:05:27 AM

Corsair M60
m
l
!