Voice Mail Questions ?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b Ô Samsung
April 16, 2005 9:27:19 PM

Hello:

Another question, please:

Have a new Samsung a650.
New user.

a. In one of the Verizon booklets in the Voice Mail section,
they mention "not having auto play being turned on..."

What is this "auto play", and what does it do ?

b. Also, for voice mail, is there any way around having to enter a Password
each time you want to hear any messages ?

Would just like to be able to flip the cover up, and possibly press No. "1",
or something similar.

Thanks,
Bob

More about : voice mail questions

April 17, 2005 1:30:03 AM

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 17:27:19 -0400, "Robert11" <rgsrose@notme.com>
wrote:

>Hello:
>
>Another question, please:
>
>Have a new Samsung a650.
>New user.
>
>a. In one of the Verizon booklets in the Voice Mail section,
>they mention "not having auto play being turned on..."

If it's like most voicemail systems from a cell phone if the option of
having auto play it means that when you access voicemail with autoplay
it will automatically play your waiting message without your having to
press any key (generally the 1 key.) It's usually an option to have
autoplay on or off.

>What is this "auto play", and what does it do ?

That's sort of self-explantory. With auto play your waiting
message(s) will automatically play once you have accessed your
voicemail box.

>b. Also, for voice mail, is there any way around having to enter a Password
>each time you want to hear any messages ?

If your system doesn't allow you to set automatic log in you'll have
to set up a pause and entry of your voicemail PIN code. I don't know
how Samsung initiates a pause in the dial string. Nokia you just
enter a pause character with your keypad. Usually one or two pauses
is all it takes after which your voicemail PIN is sent.

>Would just like to be able to flip the cover up, and possibly press No. "1",
>or something similar.

If you have pauses programmed into your access you can do it.