Program's to cap FPS? List?

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
I need a program to cap FPS on any game, or as many games as possible that will work with the program. I don't like verticals sync, and I don't want to do it via changing monitors refresh rate. List program's to me if you could, because I may not like particular program's. oh and I have an AMD directx 11 card if at makes any difference.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Thank you for that suggestion, if I could have some more program suggestions please.
Msi afterburner is for nvidia cards, I will take that program into account, but I am looking for something more neutral or ATI. Can FPS limiting not be done by putting commands in the game's notepad file or in the executable file's command line?

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Oh and I already know about EVGA Precision, that's nvidia as well, and bandicap and dxtory. I won't be interested in dxtory, but maybe bandicap, but I really just need a very simple program for just the fps capping function. Preferably to work with all directx versions.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Yes it appears so. I had Asus GPU Tweak, I liked the theme and colour of the program, but it crashes when I open it up. I have an AMD 6850, are they not compatible? I know I was given GPU Doctor for overclocking by Asus, but as I said the theme and larger array of functions of Asus GPU tweak is attractive. Lol for the irrational like of Asus, because everything else in my case that is capable of being Asus, is, I'd not want to download MSI afterburner, but in the case of persuing an FPS capper, sacrifices can be made. I think I will try bandicap first because I read that you can record up to 10 minutes of video, which is for me sufficient, more than Fraps offers and I don't really record videos.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
It looks a lot like Asus GPU tweak, hence as someone said Asus stole the design from msi. But can you turn the OSD FPS display off and keep the fps limiter on?

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

You can hide the on screen display if that's what you're asking.

G

Download the FREE proggie FRAPS, works great in DCS and MAC, now testing in CF-3 (beta)

http://www.fraps.com/

Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. In its current form Fraps performs many tasks and can best be described as:

Benchmarking Software - Show how many Frames Per Second (FPS) you are getting in a corner of your screen. Perform custom benchmarks and measure the frame rate between any two points. Save the statistics out to disk and use them for your own reviews and applications.

Screen Capture Software - Take a screenshot with the press of a key! There's no need to paste into a paint program every time you want a new shot. Your screen captures are automatically named and timestamped.

Realtime Video Capture Software - Have you ever wanted to record video while playing your favourite game? Come join the Machinima revolution! Throw away the VCR, forget about using a DV cam, game recording has never been this easy! Fraps can capture audio and video up to 7680x4800 with custom frame rates from 1 to 120 frames per second!

Cheers and happy 2013!