Unlocking the 2600+

svol

Champion
Well it should befactory unlocked... but else check if the L1 are closed and try closing the last (most right) L3 bridge.

This might be interesting for you too:
<A HREF="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6934&perpage=25&pagenumber=1" target="_new">http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6934&perpage=25&pagenumber=1</A>

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

LCARS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
Hmm... I don't know.

BTW, could somebody also recommend a good overclocking utility? Easy Tune IV is not very good.

LCARS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
That is to say, I'm pretty sure the CPU is free and overclocked.

But I can't verify that unless I have something that tells me the clock speed. Easy tune 4 crashes when the clock frequency goes above a certin point (around 2300Mhz, which is a shame because Easy Tune 4 is an excellent Overclocking utility) and my BIOS only tells me the CPU type not frequency.

svol

Champion
How about SoftFSB or SetFSB?

You can use WCPUID to check your CPU and FSB speeds under Windows.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!

LCARS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
Ah yes, that program works.

Nope, the CPU speed has not changed since I increased the voltage. It's still locked. :/

svol

Champion
You can't change the CPU speed by only increasing the voltage. You need the FSB or multiplier to do that, the voltage can only help to run your CPU stable at higher speeds.

LCARS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
Oh, there we go!

Now all I have to do is cut that bridge like that guys says, and I'll be keen supreme to the extream.

For seriously.

roncarney

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
If cutting a bridge on your $$$ proc sounds scary, there is a wire trick also, although I do not have any linkage. The gist is, you wrap some ultra fine wire around 2 pins on the underside of the proc...
From what I have heard, the L3 bridge trick hasn't worked very well for anyone. Anyone with any experience on that trick?

Marge: Homer, stop picking at your head
Homer: Aw Marge, Im so sweet and tasty!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ralph Wiggum: I bent my wookie!