• Motherboards
  • Overclocking
  • CPUs
  • Memory
Last response: in Overclocking
January 4, 2003 11:16:49 AM

I'm having problems overclocking the memory for my system. This is what I have:

A7N8X Deluxe with 1001.G bios
Athlon XP 2700+ (with original h.s. & fan)
Two Corsair XMS PC3200 (512MB) in slots 2 and 3.

I've never oc'd before, so maybe it's something simple.
I'm only interested on overclocking the memory right now, but when I try to change the FSB and mult, I get an error saying that cpu is overclocked, and it can't boot. First I try setting to something like 175FSB, but no multiplier will work, not even 6.5. I've tried everything. Also, I need to know what voltages I should set for the CPU and memory when I do overclock. Any help would be great.

"the most important thing is not life, but the good life" - Socrates

More about : a7n8x memory overclock cpu fails

January 5, 2003 10:29:10 AM

You've got some kind of Watchdog or CPU speed checker enabled inside your BIOS that prevents running the CPU at higher settings then default?

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.
January 6, 2003 1:59:40 PM

No, nothing like that. I don't understand. Do I need to phyically unlock as well at bios unlock?

"the most important thing is not life, but the good life" - Socrates<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by xerid on 01/06/03 11:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
January 6, 2003 2:05:37 PM

blah

"the most important thing is not life, but the good life" - Socrates
January 6, 2003 4:39:38 PM

Well maybe you got one of those few T-breds that aren't factory unlocked. Are all L1 bridges closed?

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.
!