Windows 7 to windows 8 upgrade

jakepf1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hi there :hello: is it worth upgrading to windows 8 for gaming would it have all the same capability's to windows 7 and whats the ram usage like. Thanks .

woggy101

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Well remember Vista........ lots of bugs and compatibility issue's not to mention how hardware hungry it was so i'm basicly trying to say with all new software dont be the first to jump in wait check reviews allow for issue's to arise and be fixed before throwing your coin away

nna2

Distinguished

i've only encountered 1 bug (with an easy workaround) and it's as hardware hungry as win7 was.... on that note i wouldn't recommend jumping ship from win7-win8

If you already have Windows 7, there is not much point in upgrading to Windows 8. The performance difference for games is negligible at best, maybe a whopping 2 frames per second in certain games. Unless you have a touchscreen for your desktop that you really want to use as a primary input device, or you just have to have the "latest and greatest" thing, you might as well just stick to Windows 7 for the time being.

jemcglot

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Windows 8 is a pain if you have a touchscreen monitor maybe but even then you will find yourself taking forever to find what your looking for when it comes to settings just general navigation it took me forever to find where I could shut my PC down. Its down right ridiculous but my wife loves it because she spends all day on her smartphone which is windows and her kindlefire blah it has no place in the PC world.