Treo 650 - next week?

Okay, we have all heard it before, can't get an answer from anyone.

I called Customer Service today and among other things I questioned the treo 650. She said,
"Everyone asks me but I have no release date."

I was in circuit City tonight and asked the sales guy about the Treo 650 and he said, "Maybe in two
weeks because he got an email about its release today for Monday"

So maybe it is around the corner, or maybe I should just get the Audiovox xv6600. I have two months
to wait for my 'new every two' credit to kick in, so I guess I have two months to wait and compare
new phones.

-W
5 answers Last reply
More about treo week

    I've played with the Audiovox, and it is an amazing phone.
    While easier for me to stay with the Palm format, if the 650 still has
    poor earpiece volume, I'm making the change to the Audiovox.
    What price withh Verizon set on the 650?? $500...$600?? Sure it will be
    higher than the other versions, and that's a factor too.
    Give the 6600 a good look...it's a great phone.

    "Double U" <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, we have all heard it before, can't get an answer from anyone.
    >
    > I called Customer Service today and among other things I questioned
    > the treo 650. She said,
    > "Everyone asks me but I have no release date."
    >
    > I was in circuit City tonight and asked the sales guy about the Treo
    > 650 and he said, "Maybe in two
    > weeks because he got an email about its release today for Monday"
    >
    > So maybe it is around the corner, or maybe I should just get the
    > Audiovox xv6600. I have two months
    > to wait for my 'new every two' credit to kick in, so I guess I have
    > two months to wait and compare
    > new phones.
    >
    > -W

    Some time around Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:19:59 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
    named "Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

    >I've played with the Audiovox, and it is an amazing phone.
    >While easier for me to stay with the Palm format, if the 650 still has
    >poor earpiece volume, I'm making the change to the Audiovox.
    >What price withh Verizon set on the 650?? $500...$600?? Sure it will be
    >higher than the other versions, and that's a factor too.
    >Give the 6600 a good look...it's a great phone.

    You know I never gave the Operating system/software thing much of a thought.
    I have an IPAQ and am used to that software (on the Audiovox 6600) So that might be worth going
    that route just for the OS.

    I thought the audio problems were with the Audiovox 6600, not the Treo 650. Better go re-read that.

    Thanks

    -W

    The Audiovox has the worst earpiece volume and also one of the worst ringer
    volumes of any phone that I have ever used. I tried 3 different Audiovox
    6600 and returned them all. I even went so far as to call Audiovox to see
    if there was a software fix available and they admitted that there was a
    major problem and it was a hardware problem that a software fix would not
    help.

    Bruce D. Brown

    "Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net> wrote in message
    > I've played with the Audiovox, and it is an amazing phone.
    > While easier for me to stay with the Palm format, if the 650 still has
    > poor earpiece volume, I'm making the change to the Audiovox.
    > What price withh Verizon set on the 650?? $500...$600?? Sure it will be
    > higher than the other versions, and that's a factor too.
    > Give the 6600 a good look...it's a great phone.
    >
    > "Double U" <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Okay, we have all heard it before, can't get an answer from anyone.
    >>
    >> I called Customer Service today and among other things I questioned the
    >> treo 650. She said,
    >> "Everyone asks me but I have no release date."
    >>
    >> I was in circuit City tonight and asked the sales guy about the Treo 650
    >> and he said, "Maybe in two
    >> weeks because he got an email about its release today for Monday"
    >>
    >> So maybe it is around the corner, or maybe I should just get the Audiovox
    >> xv6600. I have two months
    >> to wait for my 'new every two' credit to kick in, so I guess I have two
    >> months to wait and compare
    >> new phones.
    >>
    >> -W

    a friend with the 6600 tells me there is a volume fix download now.
    P-

    > Some time around Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:19:59 -0400 (give or take a
    > month), someone who says they are
    > named "Paul G" <pgloe@optonline.net> fired up the tubes on the
    > teletype and rambled on about:
    >
    >>I've played with the Audiovox, and it is an amazing phone.
    >>While easier for me to stay with the Palm format, if the 650 still has
    >>poor earpiece volume, I'm making the change to the Audiovox.
    >>What price withh Verizon set on the 650?? $500...$600?? Sure it will
    >>be
    >>higher than the other versions, and that's a factor too.
    >>Give the 6600 a good look...it's a great phone.
    >

    > You know I never gave the Operating system/software thing much of a
    > thought.
    > I have an IPAQ and am used to that software (on the Audiovox 6600) So
    > that might be worth going
    > that route just for the OS.
    >
    > I thought the audio problems were with the Audiovox 6600, not the Treo
    > 650. Better go re-read that.
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > -W

    Some time around Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:56:50 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
    named Double U <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

    >Okay, we have all heard it before, can't get an answer from anyone.
    >
    >I called Customer Service today and among other things I questioned the treo 650. She said,
    >"Everyone asks me but I have no release date."
    >
    >I was in circuit City tonight and asked the sales guy about the Treo 650 and he said, "Maybe in two
    >weeks because he got an email about its release today for Monday"

    I went to a different Circuit City tonight and asked the person there, I mentioned that the guy in
    the other store got an email about it. She checked her emails and said she had nothing on it.

    UGH!

    -W

Verizon Treo Internet Service Providers Product